Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Does anyone Swivel ski with a20' LSV?

Lovetoski

Does anyone have an LSV 20' that they swivel ski behind? Is the wake ok at 16.5 mph?

It'll be a pretty big wake at that size, but if you're down in the pocket, you shouldn't have any problems on a swivel. Just the person manning the trick release on toe passes has to sit backwards, and you might have a hard time fitting a trick release on the pop-up pylon.

I think the new Masterline release would work well for you. You could probably add an extension to the "hold" rope and hold it in the regular passenger seat. If pylon is too short for release, I bet it could eb swapped for a taller one as the vdrives from the '00 era are quite a bit taller but don't retract.

Does anyone have an LSV 20' that they swivel ski behind? Is the wake ok at 16.5 mph?

It'll be a pretty big wake at that size, but if you're down in the pocket, you shouldn't have any problems on a swivel. Just the person manning the trick release on toe passes has to sit backwards, and you might have a hard time fitting a trick release on the pop-up pylon.

Actually the LSV is more than an LXI. A swivel skier stays right behind the boat. Does the wake get flatter farther away from the boat (longer rope?) The dealer is going to install a higher pylon so a trick release will fit on it and I am going to put a longer rope on the release so the person can sit in the seat next to the driver.

Edited by Lovetoski

Swivel ski is a relatively large, wide ski, with a binding that swivels therefore allowing a skier to literally turn around. Usually one foot is in toe hold and the other in the binding.

I really have nothing to contribute as far as your question goes...... just had to say that I have always wanted to learn to swivel! :)

Hope you get it figured out, Good luck!!

Tony, I'm sure you've seen them & just didn't know it. Looks like ballet on the water.

Edited by shannoook
  • 2 weeks later...

The flater the bottom of the boat, the better. Less deadrise also helps. Maybe with the right line lenth and speed you can find a sweet spot behind the LSV.