Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Heater: Heater Craft 3H vs. Acu-Heat™ 300-H

phil17

I just purchased a new 07 VLX. I plan to add a heater. Does anyone have experience with the Heater Craft heater vs. the Acu-Heat? If I understand correctly, the Acy-Heat used heat from the engine, and the Heater Craft is a heater.

Any advice?

Congrats on the new bu'!!!!!!!!!!!not one doubt in my mind, use heatercraft....

they use hot water from the engine to heat a heatercore. behind that is a fan and wal-a! hot air! Awesome system, that works just like our cars do.

One suggestion, if it gets freezing in your area, make sure to blow out all the water out of your heatercore so it doesn't freeze and break! :)

Cheers

Congrats on the new bu'!!!!!!!!!!!not one doubt in my mind, use heatercraft....

they use hot water from the engine to heat a heatercore. behind that is a fan and wal-a! hot air! Awesome system, that works just like our cars do.

One suggestion, if it gets freezing in your area, make sure to blow out all the water out of your heatercore so it doesn't freeze and break! :)

Cheers

Heatercraft all the way.

Don't forget to add some RV antifreeze in the heater as well.

I just purchased a new 07 VLX. I plan to add a heater. Does anyone have experience with the Heater Craft heater vs. the Acu-Heat? If I understand correctly, the Acy-Heat used heat from the engine, and the Heater Craft is a heater.

Any advice?

I am no expert but I believe that Heater Craft and Acu Heat are the same company. 3H series looks the same as 300H series to me.

300h_title_graphic.jpg

for service alone I would go to heater craft they are excellent at getting things right.

Thanks for all of the advice. I am ordering the Heater Craft. It is great being a Malibu owner! Thumbup.gif

for service alone I would go to heater craft they are excellent at getting things right.

Thanks for all of the advice. I am ordering the Heater Craft. It is great being a Malibu owner! Thumbup.gif

You should call heatercraft directly, mention you are from the crew. If you search the site you can find their number.

You should call heatercraft directly, mention you are from the crew. If you search the site you can find their number.

Heatercraft all the way. Call direct and ask for Steve, he will set you up.

You will be happy you did, I know I am. Thumbup.gif

http://www.heatercraft.com in little old Rathdrum, Idaho..... just down the road from here.

Any advice?

I am no expert but I believe that Heater Craft and Acu Heat are the same company. 3H series looks the same as 300H series to me.

300h_title_graphic.jpg

I think your right and maybe the ACu heat is only sold under the ski dim name :unsure:

I went with the Jegs model. I think it was 200 bucks. I am 2 seasons deep and still enjoying warm air from it. I did a quick search on their website but it looks like they are having technical issues.