Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat ordering timeline

hattric73

Hey Malibu vets,

What is the approximate timeline for when you order the boat to when it gets delivered. Ours, was ordered around President's Day (2/18)...when would we expect it to be:

given a build date?

built?

shipped?

It is not a real big deal, as we probably won't take delivery until the first week of May but, more of a curiosity...thanks for the info!

I ordered mine Dec 21st and it hit the dealer Feb 25th which would mean 9 weeks but I know nearly 3 weeks were lost: 2 over Christmas and the boat spent a week at the Trailer manufacturer. The trailer was being custom fit to the boat so I would still say 6 - 7 weeks (with dealer prep) seems to be the typical timeline to get your boat.

I ordered mine Dec 21st and it hit the dealer Feb 25th which would mean 9 weeks but I know nearly 3 weeks were lost: 2 over Christmas and the boat spent a week at the Trailer manufacturer. The trailer was being custom fit to the boat so I would still say 6 - 7 weeks (with dealer prep) seems to be the typical timeline to get your boat.

We need pics!!!

My spray date was supposed to be about 3 weeks after the date I ordered, but I didn't get all my options finalized on time so my spray date got pushed back a week or two. Overall from the date I put down my deposit it's going to be right around 2 months until I take delivery. I also think my boat has been finished and sitting at the plant for about 2 weeks now waiting to be shipped. Needless to say, I'm beginning to get antsy as we have had some days when it has been warm enough to ride.

I ordered mine on 2/19 and was given an orginal build date of 3/4 and that got pushed back to 3/12. I was told that there was a chance to get it before April. Not sure how much I believe that but none the less it seems to be a quicker process than I thought. Anyone here think I will get it before April?

I ordered mine on 2/19 and was given an orginal build date of 3/4 and that got pushed back to 3/12. I was told that there was a chance to get it before April. Not sure how much I believe that but none the less it seems to be a quicker process than I thought. Anyone here think I will get it before April?

Where are you located?

I ordered mine on Feb 16th, spray date March 4th and my dealer expects to have it in before April 1st. He told me that he gets 5 boats at a time, so he orders 5 boats at a time to get the shipment a little faster. My boat was the first one of the 5 to be sprayed, and from what I understand there the last two boats were not getting sprayed until this week.

I believe I've heard people mention it takes 7-8 days for them to actually build the boat. I'm not sure if that includes weekends and if they work 7 days a week in the plant and I'm also not sure how they handle water testing and if there is any kind of a wait for that. It will also depend on how long you have to wait for shipping (I believe they wait to make sure they have a full load, pretty sure they don't just send one boat by itself). It is possible your dealer could see it before April.

I ordered my boat in November of '02. The dealer told me "his" spray date slots would be in mid February '03, and I had up to a week before that date to make changes. Boat came in in mid March, but waited for the ice on his lake to melt before I took delivery being I wanted to try the boat before accepting it. That was in early May. Has anyone ever heard of dealer slots? He would have no reason to make that up, since I wanted a late spring delivery.

What does it cost to ship a boat? Does anyone have any idea? Also what is the timeline on dealer prep once the boat arrives? I am getting a stereo installed here locally as well.

Ship a boat from the plant to your dealer? I think on average the dealer prep fee includes the shipping fee from the plant.

Dealer prep time varies from dealer to dealer. It really depends on what they have going on and how many boats they are gettting ready to deliver. My last boat was about a day and a half once they unwrapped it.

Does anyone know if the Tn. Malibu plant works over the weekend? Is the 8 day build time mean from start to finish or is it 8 business working days?