Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Metcraft or Titan Swivels

ericivey21

I am getting ready to put in an order for 2 through my Malibu dealer but they only have the titans in stock...I have no clue what the Metcraft swivel board racks look like and how they are different than the titans...I love the titans but there is only minimal cost difference. Can I get some pics or some feedback on the Metcraft vs the Titan swivels...Thanks

I am getting ready to put in an order for 2 through my Malibu dealer but they only have the titans in stock...I have no clue what the Metcraft swivel board racks look like and how they are different than the titans...I love the titans but there is only minimal cost difference. Can I get some pics or some feedback on the Metcraft vs the Titan swivels...Thanks

Titan!!!

I also vote for the Titan ones. I don't own either, but saw both up close at the boat show and the Titan ones were better in my opinion. My understanding is the Metcraft ones were really crappy before, but they appear to have made many improvements.

I have never seen the Metcraft, I don't think there that popular around here. My dealer has Titan on all there showroom floor boats.

I ordered Titan for my new V Ride, gotta agree with LarryS...Titans!!

Edited by T-Squared

I have never seen the Metcraft, I don't think there that popular around here. My dealer has Titan on all there showroom floor boats.

The new Metcraft are pretty heavy duty. A lot better than the old design. I generally sell the Titan though. The look of the Titan and the overall function is very good. Their customer service is also a great "extra" benefit.

The new Metcraft are pretty heavy duty. A lot better than the old design. I generally sell the Titan though. The look of the Titan and the overall function is very good. Their customer service is also a great "extra" benefit.

Can we get some idea what the prices or price ranges for the Titans vs the Metcrafts?

If I had to chose between the two it would be Titan hands down. Plus they do have great customer survice and if I or any of the crew has a problem I could drive down to the shop and talk with the big man face to face. LOL don't think I'll ever have to do that.

The Titans are a great product but dont sell the new Metcraft Spinners short. I like the Metcraft design for several reasons:

I believe the MSRP is the SAME on both products Appx 700 bucks ea.

I am aware of the shortcomings of the previous Metcraft Spinners but this is a totally different design and much better in my opinion.

Closer match to IllusionX Tower

Not as much polishing required to keep clean

1 pin removal, great if you keep your boat on a lift in a (less than ultra secure) environment like I do.

To my knowledge, they spin in the boat further than any I have seen, also great if you have a boat lift or tight spot.

Just my 2c

2262a767.jpg

Edited by ohiojoe

The MSRP on the Metcraft Spinners is higher than the Titan's highest price version of the Spinner. You can get the Titan in 4 versions. Low Ride, Battle, Cruiser and DL-X. I have personally not seen the new version of the Metcraft Spinner, but I did own their two first attempts. Those were the worst rack I have ever seen. And, with that disregard for quality, I would have a very hard time purchasing more racks from them. On the other hand, the one nice feature of the Metcract Spinners is the abilility to remove them. I do like that!

The MSRP on the Metcraft Spinners is higher than the Titan's highest price version of the Spinner. You can get the Titan in 4 versions. Low Ride, Battle, Cruiser and DL-X. I have personally not seen the new version of the Metcraft Spinner, but I did own their two first attempts. Those were the worst rack I have ever seen. And, with that disregard for quality, I would have a very hard time purchasing more racks from them. On the other hand, the one nice feature of the Metcract Spinners is the abilility to remove them. I do like that!

What is the MSRP on the Titan Spinner. I was told they were appx 700 bucks, is this wrong?

Joe

I would go Titan all the way, better rack, more user friendly... plus customer service with Metcraft is horrible...

I just checked and Bake's has the titan swival racks (lowriders - coated forks) online for $600 with a 15% (-$90 more) off March Sale... Here is a link if you want to check out some pictures.

(Titan needs to update their web site, they haven't changed it in 3 or 4 years)

http://bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=785

Cheers!

I would go Titan all the way, better rack, more user friendly... plus customer service with Metcraft is horrible...

I just checked and Bake's has the titan swival racks (lowriders - coated forks) online for $600 with a 15% (-$90 more) off March Sale... Here is a link if you want to check out some pictures.

http://bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=785

Cheers!

I was quoted around 610 for the Titan spinner and 580 for the Metcraft swivel....If you can get them for 510 on that link thats a great deal!!!!

Thanks for all the feedback on our racks you guys, we're really excited about the new Spinner version for IX/IXS towers, and the response from customers has been fantastic.

We're working on it, I promise! We know this is a huge issue, and it's a priority right now.

Thanks,

Jason

My Metcrafts are JUNK...I hate them. The design is POOR and they are badly pitted with the chrome plating coming off. I think I am going for a set of NICE RACKS myself.

I have Metcraft and not very happy with them, that is going to be one of my new upgrades this summer :)
Thanks for all the feedback on our racks you guys, we're really excited about the new Spinner version for IX/IXS towers, and the response from customers has been fantastic.

We're working on it, I promise! We know this is a huge issue, and it's a priority right now.

Thanks,

Jason

Come on Jason get on the ball. Tease2.gif