Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Impellar Replacement

I'm getting my boat ready to hit the lake. Great lake weather is right around the corner. When replacing the impellar is it just the impellar part that is typically replaced or the water pump? I have read posts where people are replacing their impellars yearly and I would like to get into that routine. I have a 2001 Malibu LSV with the Monsoon engine. Does anyone have the part number and any other relevant information for this maintenance repair? Thanks in advance-

The Johnson Impeller is # 812.

There is a great deal on Globe Run Dry Impellers here.

You can do a search on the word "impeller" and get more threads than you would probably care to read. :lol: It's been discussed a few times. Yes.gif To aid in removing the old impeller I usually remove the cover, squirt a little binding lube into the pump, bump the motor (with the motor disabled via the kill switch) to run the lube around the pump housing, and then pull the impeller out with two pair of needle nose pliers.

Good luck...and welcome to the site. Welcome.gif

Edited by NorCaliBu
The Johnson Impeller is # 812.

There is a great deal on Globe Run Dry Impellers here.

You can do a search on the word "impeller" and get more threads than you would probably care to read. :lol: It's been discussed a few times. Yes.gif To aid in removing the old impeller I usually remove the cover, squirt a little binding lube into the pump, bump the motor (with the motor disabled via the kill switch) to run the lube around the pump housing, and then pull the impeller out with two pair of needle nose pliers.

Good luck...and welcome to the site. Welcome.gif

Thanks for the "tricks of the trade".

If you use the Globe impeler, you will reduce your frequency of replacement to about once every 3 years (or better). I think you will use Globe model 100J, but check and be sure.