Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2004 23xti, any issues?

Jeffro84

Considering purchasing this boat and was curious is the crew knew of any problems as it relates to hull, stringers,engine(340 monsoon),etc. Any input pro or con would be appreciated.

I've spent plenty of time on a 04 21xti and have no complaints (although it can get pretty crowded, especially in the walkway area, if you tend to have a large crew).

Should be no problems with the stingers or really anything with the construction of the hull - none of it is wood. The monsoon motor is a tried and true beast.

Do you know what hull the boat sits on? What do you plan to use it for (ski\board\surf?) and how many people do you have with you on a normal day?

Where are you located?

I've inquired about the hull and have not been given a response. Thats why I would only consider the XTI in the 23' version, I want people to be able to spread out. We all ski and wakeboard, but the wife and I like to break out the slalom and make a few good runs a weekend(Lake Granbury).We both grew up behind true ski boats and would prefer the diamond hull if we can find it. Thanks for the comments.

I've inquired about the hull and have not been given a response. Thats why I would only consider the XTI in the 23' version, I want people to be able to spread out. We all ski and wakeboard, but the wife and I like to break out the slalom and make a few good runs a weekend(Lake Granbury).We both grew up behind true ski boats and would prefer the diamond hull if we can find it. Thanks for the comments.

I've never heard of any problems with the hull for the 23xti. Too bad that you're in TX as I just listed my '02 for sale. I have loved the set up and room of the 23'er.

Out of curiosity, how does my price compare to what you are looking at?? I would definitely appreciate feedback one way or the other.

Best of luck in your purchase!

fd

(My boat: http://ventura.craigslist.org/boa/599898823.html

Edited by FrankieD

I've never heard of any problems with the hull for the 23xti. Too bad that you're in TX as I just listed my '02 for sale. I have loved the set up and room of the 23'er.

Out of curiosity, how does my price compare to what you are looking at?? I would definitely appreciate feedback one way or the other.

Best of luck in your purchase!

fd

(My boat: http://ventura.craigslist.org/boa/599898823.html

You're boat seems to be priced right. The 04' I'm looking at does not have a tower or perfect pass and is listed at 34K. I must have the Illusion tower,bimini,PP,and board racks to rig it the way I want it.

I have a 23' xti with the wakehull. It is a great family boat and alot of room for storage. Even with the wakehull, we like to ski behind it. There is a "little" bump when crossing the wake but i'm not trying to set any records. If you want any additional info, please let me know.

I have a 23' xti with the wakehull. It is a great family boat and alot of room for storage. Even with the wakehull, we like to ski behind it. There is a "little" bump when crossing the wake but i'm not trying to set any records. If you want any additional info, please let me know.

Chillie, thanks for the reply. Most of my friends have vdrives(VLX,LSV) and I like those boats.But in looking for a red bu I keep running across XTI's. My only hang up is the seating config.

Chillie, thanks for the reply. Most of my friends have vdrives(VLX,LSV) and I like those boats.But in looking for a red bu I keep running across XTI's. My only hang up is the seating config.

Rockon.gif I have an '04 23' XTi and absolutely love it. As others have stated it has excellent storage and I actually like the seating arrangement better. The mid engine compartment actually separates the boat and you can have two or three independent conversations going on.....kids in one area and the adults in the other. Also maintenance on the engine is a lot easier.

Hope it works out for you.

Jeffro84,

We are on Granbury too, we'll have to hook up.

I might add that with the XTI and no tower you will lose the rear seating while you are doing anything with the towrope on the pylon.

IF the boat you are looking at doesn't have a tower or PP I would expect it to be the Diamond hull. Do you know how to tell the difference by sight?

Jeffro84,

We are on Granbury too, we'll have to hook up.

I might add that with the XTI and no tower you will lose the rear seating while you are doing anything with the towrope on the pylon.

IF the boat you are looking at doesn't have a tower or PP I would expect it to be the Diamond hull. Do you know how to tell the difference by sight?

I remember looking at posts in the past that identify the difference. Looking at the aft end of the boat,near the bottom outside, this is where the differences are noticable. Absolutely we'll have to look one another up this summer. I can anticipate 5-8 in the boat on any given outing and will definitely add the tower if I purchase the 04. I've also got my eye on an 07' 23XTI with the equipment I'm looking for. I basically have to weigh 38K for the 04" finished out or 49-51K for the 07". I'm leaning toward the 07', but need to find out if it has the diamond hull(which I would prefer).