Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Custom Ballast Installation Photos

oldyeller

I am looking to install a custom ballast however I have read many threads and am aware that there are many different ways to make a good working installation. I have a 2001 malibu wakesetter VLX with the front/center ski locker ballast. Does any one know the size of that ballast tank? Does anyone have photos of their custom ballast installations? I would like to see some installations to get an idea of how i should proceed, andwhat parts I will need to purchase? Any info is good, thanks-

Hey Yeller... I'm doing an 03 Wakesetter VLX right now and I'll keep you posted when it's done. I'm leaving the stock center bag and just replacing the hoses and fill pump for it. The stock rear tanks are removed and replaced with 750# fat sacks. I'll keep the two pump setup for each bag, although I would have preferred to go with a single reversible pump that would fill and drain from the bottom. (I had already purchased faster cartridge pumps for the fill side and another $500 for pumps wasn't in the "budget" set for this project) I used the braided, clear, 3/4" waterline purchased at the local hardware store and it's working fine. The bags and hardware were purchased from Wakeoutlaws. (These guys are great, imo) Bow sacs will be 400# Fat Sacs that are filled with the Tsunami pump I've got one side bag finished and I want to do a test run on the entire system before I post any pics!

Hey Yeller... I'm doing an 03 Wakesetter VLX right now and I'll keep you posted when it's done. I'm leaving the stock center bag and just replacing the hoses and fill pump for it. The stock rear tanks are removed and replaced with 750# fat sacks. I'll keep the two pump setup for each bag, although I would have preferred to go with a single reversible pump that would fill and drain from the bottom. (I had already purchased faster cartridge pumps for the fill side and another $500 for pumps wasn't in the "budget" set for this project) I used the braided, clear, 3/4" waterline purchased at the local hardware store and it's working fine. The bags and hardware were purchased from Wakeoutlaws. (These guys are great, imo) Bow sacs will be 400# Fat Sacs that are filled with the Tsunami pump I've got one side bag finished and I want to do a test run on the entire system before I post any pics!

Sounds great! Definately keep me posted. If you have a chance take some photos as you go along. Right now my boat only has the center sac. It really needs more weight and I am also considering the wedge. Thanks-