Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I put a hole in my boat

I was cleaning and waxing the bu last nite when a piece of the gelcoat popped out. It left a hole thru the gelcoat which looked like a hollow void between the gel-coat and the fiberglass, the piece of gel coat was about as thin as a piece of paper and the void behind it was about 1/8th to 1/4 inch deep. Cry.gif

has anyone ever seen this happen? I hope it is under warranty.

post-226-1205338036_thumb.jpg

post-226-1205338069_thumb.jpg

I've got that problem on my swim platform - seems to be particularly susceptible at the sharp edge around the perimeter of the platform. Never seen it on the hull like that. I'd sure like to think Malibu will step up to the plate for that.

I've got that problem on my swim platform - seems to be particularly susceptible at the sharp edge around the perimeter of the platform. Never seen it on the hull like that. I'd sure like to think Malibu will step up to the plate for that.

I just got off the phone with Malibu and bell aqua and yes they are going to take care of it because air voids anr under the hull warranty Yahoo.gif

I just wonder if I should let them finish buffing and waxing out my boat, maybe they will give me a break on the price since they will have to buff and wax the area being repaired.

I just got off the phone with Malibu and bell aqua and yes they are going to take care of it because air voids anr under the hull warranty Yahoo.gif

I just wonder if I should let them finish buffing and waxing out my boat, maybe they will give me a break on the price since they will have to buff and wax the area being repaired.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. I'd be surprised if they even wash the boat when they are done with it.

Excellent. I looked like the fiberglass wasn't all the way into that nook or cranny.

Well sure! Probably won't take too long to go over your entire boat, twice, as long as they already have to touch that 1/4" spot. Whistling.gif

Excellent. I looked like the fiberglass wasn't all the way into that nook or cranny.

Well sure! Probably won't take too long to go over your entire boat, twice, as long as they already have to touch that 1/4" spot. Whistling.gif

LOL, I know just wishful thinking Dontknow.gif