Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu decals

#1HEELSFAN

Hello everyone. New member here, in the beautiful state of North Carolina. I currently own a 1998 Malibu Response LX which I bought several years ago after I sold my 1st boat which was a 1985 Malibu Skier. Anyway, I was wondering if there was anyone who has a '98 Response LX that could take some pictures of your Response LX decals along with some measurements so that I could send the picture along with the correct sizing to Domed Numbers. I plan on having those guys make me some drip mold style decals to replace the original one's that the previous owner removed. I am also missing the one on the transome that reads Official U.S. Open Towboats. Any help and/or information anyone could would be greatly appreciated.

Hello everyone. New member here, in the beautiful state of North Carolina. I currently own a 1998 Malibu Response LX which I bought several years ago after I sold my 1st boat which was a 1985 Malibu Skier. Anyway, I was wondering if there was anyone who has a '98 Response LX that could take some pictures of your Response LX decals along with some measurements so that I could send the picture along with the correct sizing to Domed Numbers. I plan on having those guys make me some drip mold style decals to replace the original one's that the previous owner removed. I am also missing the one on the transome that reads Official U.S. Open Towboats. Any help and/or information anyone could would be greatly appreciated.

I am going to be of no help whatsoever to you, but.......................................

Welcome.gif to the site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can buy the new drip mold decals from your local dealer.

That's exactly what I thought also but when I called the Powersports Center(Malibu Dealer) the parts guy said that he did not sell enough Response' to justify keeping anything like that on the shelf and he also said that he doubted he would be able to get any from the factory. My plan was to order a set of the '04 through '06 LXi decals and just remove the i but evidently that guy at the Malibu dealership did not have the time to help me. I have tried to call him several more times and left messages with absolutely no response. Last year my swim platform along with the brackets was stolen and it took these same guys 7 months to get my brackets. In fact, I had to work with Teak World myself to get any satisfaction concerning the platform itself so I'm pretty sure these guys are not going to work with me on the decals that I need. I do however appreciate your response to my topic.

Jeremy

weclome to the site, I've the same boat last summer i repaint the top and up date to the new decal for 2007 promarina order them for me. now that grandpa is the dealer in greensboro n..c they can get them for you. and i talk to malibu derict an dyou can't get the decal for the back,the us,open towboat i mean. if you help just pm me.

Most graphic designers can cut you about anything you want. you should have one local that stripes cars trailers . they can do just about anything. There are some response graphics on ebay at the bottom of the malibu boat page

Edited by BARTMAN

I had custom colour matched graphics done for a 1/4 of the price from the dealer I am working on getting more done as we speak. Most good graphic shops can do these very easily.

You can buy the new drip mold decals from your local dealer.

That's exactly what I thought also but when I called the Powersports Center(Malibu Dealer) the parts guy said that he did not sell enough Response' to justify keeping anything like that on the shelf and he also said that he doubted he would be able to get any from the factory. My plan was to order a set of the '04 through '06 LXi decals and just remove the i but evidently that guy at the Malibu dealership did not have the time to help me. I have tried to call him several more times and left messages with absolutely no response. Last year my swim platform along with the brackets was stolen and it took these same guys 7 months to get my brackets. In fact, I had to work with Teak World myself to get any satisfaction concerning the platform itself so I'm pretty sure these guys are not going to work with me on the decals that I need. I do however appreciate your response to my topic.

Jeremy

That is BS, they still make the Response LX. PM Smoothwaterman, I bet he can get you some. If not, you can buy my 2006 Response and peel them of if you like... Whistling.gif

Edited by 1FootDan

2 weeks ago I bought the exact side decals (non-drip mold) and the rear "Exclusive U.S. Open Towboat" (this one was drip mold) for my 1998 Echelon which is very similar to the response (just no "Response" on the back of each side). The dealer happened to have them in stock, but he said they were being discontinued. He also said that he's been trying to get rid of them so he cut me a ridiculousely smooth deal ($15 each). Perhaps that's why your dealer wasn't much help; maybe they aren't actually requesting them anymore?

Anyway, I have the dimensions ofthe large side decals and can send you a pick of what I've got. I also have a pricing email from Domed numbers on the large side decals (Malibu with the striped sun mixed in) if you want me to forward to you.

2 weeks ago I bought the exact side decals (non-drip mold) and the rear "Exclusive U.S. Open Towboat" (this one was drip mold) for my 1998 Echelon which is very similar to the response (just no "Response" on the back of each side). The dealer happened to have them in stock, but he said they were being discontinued. He also said that he's been trying to get rid of them so he cut me a ridiculousely smooth deal ($15 each). Perhaps that's why your dealer wasn't much help; maybe they aren't actually requesting them anymore?

Anyway, I have the dimensions ofthe large side decals and can send you a pick of what I've got. I also have a pricing email from Domed numbers on the large side decals (Malibu with the striped sun mixed in) if you want me to forward to you.

That sounds great. If you could send me a picture and also the pricing for the Malibu with the striped sun mixed in I would appreciate it greatly.

That sounds great. If you could send me a picture and also the pricing for the Malibu with the striped sun mixed in I would appreciate it greatly.

2 PMs sent. My boat's side decals look like this. The print is what Domed sent back as a sample.

post-5643-1205359442_thumb.jpg

MALIBU_Converted.pdf