Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

750lb fat sacs in V-drive locker??

chadwick02

For thoes of you who are putting 750’s in your rear locker, how are you fitting them in there?? Am I missing something? Are the lockers bigger in the newer V-drives? When I measured my lockers yesterday the I come up with 20x20x43 (2002 21LSV).

I want to order some bags while the GB is still going on. I have read that many of you are running 750’s. The 400lb bags should fit in my lockers no problem, but I’d love to have a 750 for surfing. How does that work??

In my 03 VLX I had to make a support beam on the back side of the side eng cover so that the bag would not push it in. Last yr I did remove the 750s and installed the 440s because it was just to hard to make the ballast even.

In my 03 VLX I had to make a support beam on the back side of the side eng cover so that the bag would not push it in. Last yr I did remove the 750s and installed the 440s because it was just to hard to make the ballast even.

Can you tell us what you used to make that support beam? I just bought a pair of 750s and figure that I'll be doing some similar.

If you cut out or replace the wall towards the rearseat, it will fit just fine.

If you take out the wall towards the rear seat, does the sac push on the gas line/hose?

On my boat, that "wall" that covers the fuel hose is also the mounting point for the shock that holds the hatch open. Also, if your battery(s) are still in the back corners, you'd have to relocate them I'd think to get a 750 in there. I was one of those that didn't see how a 750 would fit either, but have been told otherwise that they do. I'm using the Pro-X 400's.

If you cut out or replace the wall towards the rearseat, it will fit just fine.

If you take out the wall towards the rear seat, does the sac push on the gas line/hose?

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....st&p=142625

Depending on your locker size, they fit fairly well in the locker of an '04 and newer LSV. I imagine an '06 or newer VLX as well.

I did remove the cover towards the seat. No it doesn't push on the fuel line. The fuel line there is just from the gas cap anyway. But it doesn't mess with it, and the weight at the top of the bag isn't anything substantial. Those fuel lines are that serious wire strung piping anyway, I don't think the weight would collapse them.

The hefty support beam is where my shock mount support is mounted. No, the sac doesn't get near it. It's too high. The sac tucks underneath the support beam.

I had no problems putting the 750's in my vride. I'm assuming the 2002 sunscape is pretty close to the same design. Once in a while one bag would drain a bit and I could never figure out why. Most of the time though we had no problems and an awesome wake! I like riding with the bags full with no wedge. I'm not up to w2w yet and that lip the wedge creates doesn't feel right yet. You'll need some more bow weight though if you fill the 750's.

Can you tell us what you used to make that support beam? I just bought a pair of 750s and figure that I'll be doing some similar.

Not sure if your going to have a problem with the side panel popping in because on the new VLX and Ride's the cover is mounted with pins and not Velcro. I took a piece of aluminum 1x2 and put it on and angle from top to bottom. I can take a few pics if you like.

If your going to wakeboard with the 750s full your going to need a min of 500lbs up front and upgrade your prop.

Greg,

I just upgraded to 750's in my vRide and bought a spare ACME 537 in the group buy last year (same as I have on there now from the factory). Am I going to be bogged down now with that prop on the standard 320 LCR engine? Any way to trade in the 537 for a different one (it's never been used)?

Helinut, what are you running for a prop with your 750's in the vRide? I think you have the same engine as me, or maybe you have the 340 Monsoon, either way, close enough to compare. How's your time to get up on plane with the 750's full?

Edited by jtrovato

I took out the piece behind the rear seat in our '06 VLX and trimmed it, cut it down by about half. All I did was peel the carpet back, measure, cut, trim the carpet and glued it back down. The bag doesn't hit the hose, I can fill the 750 all the way and there's plenty of room for an overflow hose there then too. Works fantastic, before the trim I had a hard time getting an overflow hose on the top/front side of the bag where I wanted it and I couldn't fill the bag all the way. I don't fill it all the way all of the time, it just depends how many are in the boat. In early spring and late fall when it's just a rider and a driver, those things are all the way full!

Greg,

I just upgraded to 750's in my vRide and bought a spare ACME 537 in the group buy last year (same as I have on there now from the factory). Am I going to be bogged down now with that prop on the standard 320 LCR engine? Any way to trade in the 537 for a different one (it's never been used)?

Helinut, what are you running for a prop with your 750's in the vRide? I think you have the same engine as me, or maybe you have the 340 Monsoon, either way, close enough to compare. How's your time to get up on plane with the 750's full?

Sorry to say but yes Cry.gif But on a up note I have seen crew members looking for the 537 so you could wait for the GB and then sell your new spare.

Greg,

Sorry to say but yes Cry.gif But on a up note I have seen crew members looking for the 537 so you could wait for the GB and then sell your new spare.

D-Goose- What prop works the best when wakeboarding with extra weight?

The only time I had issues with the stock prop is when I had 8 big guys on board and tried filling EVERYTHING up. This included 750's in the rear, the mid tank, and a 750 bow sack. I learned with that many people there just isn't any reason to fill everything and still get an awesome wake.

I T'd off of my raw water intake for the engine, the a Y fitting to each reversible simer (self priming) pump. Nothing fancy at all, T'd right into the MLS rear tank overflow for my overflow. It's not the fastest setup but it was quick and easy. The door to the boat house is still frozen shut, could be a couple weeks til I can get into that to take any pictures :(

• 1 month later...

Not sure if your going to have a problem with the side panel popping in because on the new VLX and Ride's the cover is mounted with pins and not Velcro. I took a piece of aluminum 1x2 and put it on and angle from top to bottom. I can take a few pics if you like.

If your going to wakeboard with the 750s full your going to need a min of 500lbs up front and upgrade your prop.

Greg...do you have any pictures of the support brace you made for the side panels. Mine pop every time I fill the 750's too much. Thanks.