Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

sleeker window

outkastzkerry

so this is my first post i been a member for a lil while now and this site help me out a lot with little problems here and there. i been trying all different searches and cant really find what im looking for!! i have a 03 wake-setter and im looking to change the whole window system and do a new sleeker style and i cant find anyone whose done this but i was looking for a website or some kind of help where to go or start looking. And i know yeah i can go to the dealership locally but the woman the runs malibu dealership out here i rather shoot my self in the foot then deal with her she's never helped me out or made ordering parts easy and fun!! thanks for any tips or advice in advance

also information on a bow cover would be great i have a boat cover but want a snap on bow cover to use when its not in use or traveling short distance to and from the river....

I've never heard of anyone doing any type of mod. like this to their boat.

Seems to me that it would be more expensive than worthwhile just to change the windshield lines.

I think the reason you're not finding any threads on this topic is the fact that it's quite a unique venture. I've been on this site for 2 years now, and I have to say, I haven't seen anything related to making the windshield "sleeker". I know on my Response that the windshield is pretty raked back as it is. If it were anymore sleek, it would not be functional as a windshield. Even as it is I sometimes have to slouch down in the seat to avoid the wind in my hair.

At any rate, anything can be done. I don't know if your project will be cost effective and I imagine it will void anything remaining on your warantee.

And to take it further than that, I've been a mod here & back on MBO since 2003, & I can't ever remember anyone taking that project on. The new "frameless" windshield would not work at all since the boats that it's being put on have different top decks. And the newer 3-piece windshield that came out in '04 may work, but the cost will be impressive to say the least (shipping would be a killer IMO). If you want to pursue it, I'd call the TN factory to see what they can do, because if you don't want to work with your dealer that's probably where you'd be taking your boat. Good luck!

thanks yeah i should have used the word raked. its a better word then sleeker but thats what i was kinda wondering if any of the new malibu's had a rake better then what i got. maybe i can call up the factory and see about getting a new frame and glass.. im all about diy and custom work.. but thanks for ya'll input im always open for new or different ideas

Edited by outkastzkerry
I've moved posts over here from the other thread, & deleted it. No need to have 2 going at the same time.

ook thats fine.... but like new wakesetter xti window to me looks great to me and think that would deff finish the boat off for me

FYI, when my windshield was replaced on my '98 VLX, the part cost alone was ~$1600.

thanks for the fyi but if you want something custom u gotta pay... not saying thats what you did but im not looking for a cheap way maybe a part number and/or some size spec on the frameless window... and was just trying to see if anyones changed the windows to a new style... i plan on selling my boat at the end of this wake season... ive already done custom vinyl graphics and stereo and interior just wanna finish my boat off i feel ive ran a marathon and stopping ten feet before the finish line....

p.s. can anyone help me with a button on bow cover?

Edited by outkastzkerry
FYI, when my windshield was replaced on my '98 VLX, the part cost alone was ~$1600.

thanks for the fyi but if you want something custom u gotta pay... not saying thats what you did but im not looking for a cheap way maybe a part number and/or some size spec on the frameless window... and was just trying to see if anyones changed the windows to a new style... i plan on selling my boat at the end of this wake season... ive already done custom vinyl graphics and stereo and interior just wanna finish my boat off i feel ive ran a marathon and stopping ten feet before the finish line....

p.s. can anyone help me with a button on bow cover?

Fair enough.

The manufacturer of the older windshields was (is) Taylor Made; I'm not sure if they supply the new ones.

Fair enough.

The manufacturer of the older windshields was (is) Taylor Made; I'm not sure if they supply the new ones.

ahh ok see i didnt know that. but thanks for that good bit of infomation. maybe i'm just gonna have to order the same window setup i have now... Cry.gif

I was never very impressed with the quality of workmanship on the Taylor Made windshield on my old 2000 VLX. I had several issues with it. The windshield on my 05 Rlxi is a much better design and is built much better IMO.

I was never very impressed with the quality of workmanship on the Taylor Made windshield on my old 2000 VLX. I had several issues with it. The windshield on my 05 Rlxi is a much better design and is built much better IMO.

see thats how i am i really don't like it at all thats why i want to do a window upgrade/new style.. maybe i can fit just a more raked back window not the frame-less one

so this is my first post i been a member for a lil while now and this site help me out a lot with little problems here and there. i been trying all different searches and cant really find what im looking for!! i have a 03 wake-setter and im looking to change the whole window system and do a new sleeker style and i cant find anyone whose done this but i was looking for a website or some kind of help where to go or start looking. And i know yeah i can go to the dealership locally but the woman the runs malibu dealership out here i rather shoot my self in the foot then deal with her she's never helped me out or made ordering parts easy and fun!! thanks for any tips or advice in advance

Being in the glass business, I can say the glass alone will cost your more than its worth for a new look on a factory boat.