Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

dialing in wake surf wake on '08 wsvlx

Chia

I have got 5 hours on the boat now and was trying to dial in the wakesurf but really couldn't get the wake I wanted. I only brought 1 fly high 750 with me to Havasu and the small phase 5 board (icon). I put the sac in the regular side bin, filled the stock ballast that side, filled the mls, filled the bow and dropped the power wedge to the big wake setting.

it was less than impressive.

Should I put the sac on the seat? take some out of the front?

any advice would be appreciated, am here for another month.

thanks

I've heard that the power wedge is most effective when in the full down position, so you might try that. Here's our recipe:

Front MLS full
Mid MLS full
Surf side MLS full
Off side MLS empty
750 sac in surf side locker
500 sac on surf side seat
Wedge down (free floating)
2 adults, 1 kid

That will get you this:
post-1-0-82309100-1388949654_thumb.jpg

Add 2 more adults, you get this:

post-1-0-44469700-1388949662_thumb.jpg

Bob,

Last year we found lots of weight to be the answer on the vtx but no wedge at all - it just muddied the wave. The 750 should work if you have a number of people on the boat. Possibly try removing some from the bow tank to see if it has any effect - I suspect wave will be taller but a shorter pocket.

I've heard that the power wedge is most effective when in the full down position, so you might try that. Here's our recipe:

Front MLS full
Mid MLS full
Surf side MLS full
Off side MLS empty
2 adults, 1 kid

looks like i need a 500# sac for the seat. probably cheaper to buy one than have one shipped from home.
Anyone have one for sale or rent?

If you get in on the pro x buy, get a tube sac for inside the side seat storage area along with a 500lber for on top of the seat. That is what I have been running for a few years along with the big one in the storage compartment.

If you get in on the pro x buy, get a tube sac for inside the side seat storage area along with a 500lber for on top of the seat. That is what I have been running for a few years along with the big one in the storage compartment.

i have another 750, a tube sac, a v-drive sac and integrated bow sac at home, don't really need any more. there are some sacs on ww for around 60 bucks that i am trying to track down.

I agree with the Fly -- set your boat up like Tracie suggests but also put a tube sac under the seat (it adds another 400 lbs) then put your 500 lb sac on top of the seat.

If you have a power wedge, I've found that 10:00 dials the wake in just right. If I don't use the wedge then the wave lacks power, and if I have the wedge all the way down the wave doesn't curl right.

Good luck!

Thanks

Don

Front MLS full
Mid MLS full
Surf side MLS full
Off side MLS empty
2 adults, 1 kid

looks like the guy up top is about to bury his nose because he forgot he is on a board. :surfing:
  • 3 months later...
Looks that way, but he's pretty good even on that big board (& it's a pretty forgiving board too). He was just so surprised at the size that day, that was after installing the 750s in the trunks. I just love the picture. :)

That is just amazing. Can't wait to get those lockers full!

Looks that way, but he's pretty good even on that big board (& it's a pretty forgiving board too). He was just so surprised at the size that day, that was after installing the 750s in the trunks. I just love the picture. :)

Are all the kids out that way goofy footed? :)