Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Alarm for 04 Wakesetter

ryan04wakesetter

Hello everyone,

I am not very knowledgeable about Ski Boat alarms but know there are a few out there. I was wondering if anyone has installed one and can give any advice or recommendations. The Marina where I am going to keep my boat for the summer has had some trouble with theft so I was toying around with the idea of installing some type of alarm on my boat. This could give my boat some added protection.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the advise but I was looking for the alarm to protect the accessories mostly the stereo equipment.

Thanks for the advise but I was looking for the alarm to protect the accessories mostly the stereo equipment.

Slap a "Kraco" badge on the head unit and all the speakers. You wont have to even worry about anyone looking for amps after that.

Slap a "Kraco" badge on the head unit and all the speakers. You wont have to even worry about anyone looking for amps after that.

ROFL.gif

Suppose the 4 Dbot5 8" speakers on the tower will spoil the Kraco decoy?

I'm interested in installing an alarm in my Vride too. Would be nice to be able to do the install myself. I've installed numerous stereos in cars & boats over the years so it shouldn't been too tough. But I have no idea where to even start.

Please do post something up here about your install & the experience with the company & equipment.

Thanks.

Looks like a nice system. I'm going to order one.

Any experience with this system for boat use:

http://desertsecurity.com/products

We have to store our boat outside in driveway and I have been concerned about

people having easy access to the boat interior etc.

Have also thought about an outdoor wireless motion detector to indicate if anyone

is approaching the driveway. Anyone using a similar system have feedback?