Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help for a new/old owner

I need a bit of help please. I am back in the boat business. I used to have a '94 echelon and sold it years ago when the kids were babies. I just bought a great '02 23' wakesetter xti and I'm excited to be a Malibu owner again. The boat has what I believe to be a Titan I tower with a bimini top. This is my first tower. I'm having touble with the top. Does it attach to the forward arms? If so, how? I can't find a diagram in my packet or on the web. Thanks for any help.

I had the same problem last year when I bought my 02 23xti - check out this pic from die hard skiers gallery , it might help.

Diehardskiers gallery image

Thanks. There must be an attachment that connects the front to the tower. I just have to find them. Thanks so much.

If you have the Titan bimini, like in the pictures, the main leg attachment will be at the bottom of the rear hoop - by a ring with a ball & socket. When in place, the main arms will come out nearly parallel to the top of the gunnel and then turn upwards at about a 45 deg. There should be thumb screws on the main legs near the bend to allow you to extend the main legs to reach the front hoops. (You may have to push out on the legs to get the arms to slide smoothly.) On the front hoops, there should be two small rings with a threaded hole in them. There should also be two larger flat black thumb screws that fit. These will go through the black plastic tabs at the front corners of the bimini into the threaded hole in the ring. Once they are attached, there are straps that attach to small black hooks on the rear attachment point.

If you have another bimini (like from TowerBiminis) or another manufacturer, it's going to be entirely different.

Main Leg Attachment.

IMG_3019.JPG

If you follow the link and zoom in on the front tower leg, you can see the front attachment point & thumbscrew.

IMG_3016.JPG

Edit: Added strap sentence.

Edited by weinrdog
If you have the Titan bimini, like in the pictures, the main leg attachment will be at the bottom of the rear hoop - by a ring with a ball & socket. When in place, the main arms will come out nearly parallel to the top of the gunnel and then turn upwards at about a 45 deg. There should be thumb screws on the main legs near the bend to allow you to extend the main legs to reach the front hoops. (You may have to push out on the legs to get the arms to slide smoothly.) On the front hoops, there should be two small rings with a threaded hole in them. There should also be two larger flat black thumb screws that fit. These will go through the black plastic tabs at the front corners of the bimini into the threaded hole in the ring. Once they are attached, there are straps that attach to small black hooks on the rear attachment point.

If you have another bimini (like from TowerBiminis) or another manufacturer, it's going to be entirely different.

Main Leg Attachment.

IMG_3019.JPG

If you follow the link and zoom in on the front tower leg, you can see the front attachment point & thumbscrew.

IMG_3016.JPG

Edit: Added strap sentence.

Thanks a bunch. The picures are very helpful. By the way thats a great cover. Where did you get it?

Thanks, I really like it. It's a Rankin towing cover - got it during the group by last year. They have all the sunbrella colors so they can match most biminis and/or bimini covers.

This year's group buy is run outside 'The Crew', and was just started.