Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Angle of foot rest?

larrys

My boat is 100 miles away. I need this info for a late model VLX.

Does anyone know what the angle of the foot rest is in relation to the floor?

I am having a custom sub-box made and want to duplicate the angle as close as possible.

Thanks!

I am having a custom sub-box made and want to duplicate the angle as close as possible.

Thanks!

The foot rest is only held in by 4 screws and not very secure, I think your are going to get mixed numbers. I removed the foot rest and installed the sub myself and had to make some minor modifications to the foot rest angle. mine is positioned at approximately 135 degrees.

Good luck.

Thanks!

The foot rest is only held in by 4 screws and not very secure, I think your are going to get mixed numbers. I removed the foot rest and installed the sub myself and had to make some minor modifications to the foot rest angle. mine is positioned at approximately 135 degrees.

Good luck.

My last few boats, the foot rest was held in with 4 screws. This one it had at least 8 screws. Couldn't believe it!!!

Anyway, I am not going to replace the foot rest. I am going to just replace it with a box. I just wanted to get the angle close so it would look closer to the factory angle.

Thanks!

I bought a pre-built box and then built a wedge to attach the the bottom to get it at the correct angle. Then angle on mine was 60 degrees (or 120 depending on which direction you are measuring from)