Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Foil Rack for Illusion

dslskier

What do you foilers recommend for the illusion? I have an older air chair that I would love to get out of the boat.

Comptech is about the best one made. They have a swivel or regular mount that can be upgraded to swivel later.

Other makes include Samson, AirBoom & NL Designs, but I don't think I've ever seen any of them mounted on an Illusion.

Thanks Bill;

This seems like just what i was looking for. Very flexible for future boat changes etc. Not cheap! ! Cry.gif Anyone else have any comments good or bad? Anyone familiar with Titan's foil rack?

Yea, their not cheap. Which is why they offer the option to buy the basic rack & then upgrade the swivel.

I've used the Titan too. But only mounted on a Titan tube style tower. Never used or even seen it mounted on an Illusion. The premise of their swivel doesn't seem like it would work..... ie; it swivels around the tube, as opposed to having a hinge like the others. And their not cheap either.

Good luck!