Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rack Recommendation

CBMalibu

Need a Rack Recomendation for the Malibu Illusion X tower (2007 Wakesetter). Brand / Style?

Rotating would be nice but not required.

Also, where to buy? Any suggestions on a great on line retailer with good service and prices?

I just purchased Titan Lowrider swivel racks (they have a couple of style options) for my 08 VLX from the dealer. I think they look great with the tower and boat.

titan swival racks.. no doubt the best rack on the market for the illusion x tower... well made!!!

low riders have plastic coated forks, personally i like the look more and i thing they protect the boards better...

two thumbs up for Titan..

What do you foilers recommend for the illusion? I have an older air chair that I would love to get out of the boat.

What do you foilers recommend for the illusion? I have an older air chair that I would love to get out of the boat.

Comptech is about the best one made. They have a swivel or regular mount that can be upgraded to swivel later.

Other makes include Samson, AirBoom & NL Designs, but I don't think I've ever seen any of them mounted on an Illusion.

Another vote for Titan, awesome product. I have four board racks and a surf rack, all with quick release. You can pull them off when trailering and when not in use. You can also interchange a board rack for the surf rack depending on what you are doing.

www.luckydevildesigns.com

Their website is under construction right now, but give them a call. They have great prices, great customer service and a great product. I got a couple racks from them last year and the chrome started to pit just on the fingers of the racks, so I called them up and talked to Elliot. He said they had gotten a couple complaints about that and found out they had a bad batch of chrome from the plater. He sent me out a brand new set of their newly designed racks no questions asked and asked if I wanted it in polished or chrome this time, so I went with polished to avoid anymore potential issues with chrome.