Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Detail time...

So I'm getting tempted to pull the boat out of storage to do my yearly pre-season detailing. However this year I want to switch products. I have been using Island Girl products for the past two years and their all purpose cleaner and vinyl care stuff work great, but their synthetic wax, though seems to protect well, leaves a greasy residue that is hard to get ride of. Anybody else have that experience? Well anyway what I'm getting at is what does everybody use to make their gel coats really pop? Oh and I don't have a garage for the boat either so max uv protection is paramount for me...

I use the same stuff Malibudude uses and found it to be the best.

5-Star shine. I think the stuff is great. However, I don't know the UV rating.

I had a bout with a swarm of lighting bugs last year that left these stains on the vinyl that I just can't seem to get out. What is the best solevent for removing stains with this kind of thing!

I had a bout with a swarm of lighting bugs last year that left these stains on the vinyl that I just can't seem to get out. What is the best solevent for removing stains with this kind of thing!

People rave about 303products and Babes. For $5 shipping, 303 will send you a bunch of samples, including their 303 cleaner. I haven't used 303 but am going to order their sample kit.

Here is what they say about their cleaner:

Quickly and safely removes even the most stubborn stains:

- Oil

- Grease

- Ink

- Berry Juice - Coffee

- Tea

- Wine

- Blood

So, does blood, oil and grease= bug guts? That is the question!

http://www.303products.com/tech/index.cfm?...category_ID=113

I have found that Island Girl Pink all purpose cleaner works on just about everything. I use it to wash cars and mop the floors. Then Island Girl Sea Glow really does a nice job on vinyl. Rub it in with a stiff bristle brush and then wipe it off with some paper towels. I have the original vinyl in my '88 and other than a few seems coming apart, it looks like new....