Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bottle Openers

I really want to incorporate a bottle opener somewhere, but am paranoid about getting anything scratched or torn up. Does anyone have any creative ideas about always having a bottle opener handy?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill_AirJunky

• Malibu16

• VinRLX

• NorCaliBu

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is what I use, it's in the boat, on the beach & by the pool. Time for another DGoose group buy !

<a href="http://www.reef-sandals-online.com/reef-fanning.htm" target="_blank">http://www.reef-sandals-online.com/reef-fanning.htm</a>

Woah! What will they think of next??? Thumbup.gif

Um, a flask in the sandal?

I heard they got discontinued for some reason.

I have the same Reefs. Works great till you step in dog cr....... anyway. Usually, works great.

I have the removable cooler that fits in the seat cooler behind the driver. I have a cheap little bottle opener on a string tied to the cooler. So where it goes, the opener goes.

Not terribly unique, but it works.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
This is what I use, it's in the boat, on the beach & by the pool. Time for another DGoose group buy !

http://www.reef-sandals-online.com/reef-fanning.htm

Until you step in dog poo. Yuk.gif Seriously, I wouldn't want to open my beverages with the bottom of my shoe. No.gif I just put an opener on a floatie and keep it in one of the heated cup holders on the backside of the motorbox...can't put drinks there anyways.

I keep a Craftsman Capwrench Bottle Opener in the glove box. Best bottle opener ever! Also, its large enough that it doesn't grow legs :)

post-28-1204831724_thumb.jpg

I just keep a church key on with my boat keys. That sometimes gets in the way though I think this year I'll take a church key and tie it off to the cooler or some other central location. I have also thought about installing one of the those screw mounted ones that most bars have, but I have not decided on a spot yet and I would hate to change my mind once I put screw holes ob my interior....

<a href="http://www.reef-sandals-online.com/reef-fanning.htm" target="_blank">http://www.reef-sandals-online.com/reef-fanning.htm</a>

Until you step in dog poo. Yuk.gif Seriously, I wouldn't want to open my beverages with the bottom of my shoe. No.gif I just put an opener on a floatie and keep it in one of the heated cup holders on the backside of the motorbox...can't put drinks there anyways.

I've been using these for 3-4 years & haven't stepped in dog poo yet. Friends always ask to borrow my shoe - so no complaints yet. Crusted crap in the opener would change the mood though. :unsure:

I prefer not to have any glass in the boat . so we drink canned beverages and do not need an opener. Broken glass could be a real bummer in the carpet. Mixed drinks go in plastic glasses.

Shannon,

will a turtle shell work as a bottle opener? Dontknow.gif

Not if I can help it. ;)

Well, maybe if it didn't have a turtle in it.....but then you'd have a naked turtle somewhere..... Dontknow.gif

I keep a Craftsman Capwrench Bottle Opener in the glove box. Best bottle opener ever! Also, its large enough that it doesn't grow legs :)

I have one of these in the garage too. The thing is heavy enough that I think there WOULD be broken glass on board if we carried it on the boat!

I kind of like the idea of mounting a cap opener somewhere. Maybe the bottom side of the seat where the cooler is?

I have one of these in the garage too. The thing is heavy enough that I think there WOULD be broken glass on board if we carried it on the boat!

I kind of like the idea of mounting a cap opener somewhere. Maybe the bottom side of the seat where the cooler is?

I thought I saw a pic on here of someone that had mounted one to their Illusion. Looked cery nice actually, but I can't seem to find it anymore Dontknow.gif

My favorite boat hat is a Corona ball cap with a bottle opener on the underside of the bill, basically the same type setup as the reef sandal has but in hat form. I always have a hat on in the boat.

Plus1.gif on the cans.

A bit off topic, but one morning last summer we went out for our early morning sets. First pass of the morning I am pulling out to set up for the gates, and I see a beer bottle floating in the water, right about the point I am going to cut for the gates. At this point it is a minor annoyance - still outside the ski path, and (unfortunately) not terribly uncommon to find one out there. One got away from someone the day before, not a world crisis or anything. Figure I'll just drop near there at the end of my set and pick it up. I get to the end of my first pass, look down, and there is another one. Now I'm really getting annoyed. One can get away from you, sure. Two is a trend. Someone is being just plain careless. I end up dropping and picking it up.

A little later, I am pulling one of our buddies that only free skis. Our lake isn't that big - about 300 acres. As I am driving along, I start to notice another bottle, then another. Some are floating neck up, some bottom up. We ended up fishing about a 12 pack out of the lake, as well as a couple empty fifths. That really pissed me off. That's way beyond careless - it's downright irresponsible and dangerous.

No idea who did it - didn't see the problem again. I'll be watching out for it this summer. I don't really like the thought of hitting a can with my boat or my ski, but it has got to be a heck of a lot better than hitting a bottle.

For the record... I always have a bottle opener attached to the soft-sided cooler I carry on other people's boats. (being on other people's boats is very common for me) I usually keep the same (very small) bottle opener attached to the drawstring of my boarding shorts. (never know when you need to help a buddy out)

In my boat, I have a back-up for all my back-ups if any of approximately 3 bottle openers were to fail. This includes at least 2 different styles in the glove box, (including wine cork remover) the one on my drawstring, one in the tool box that's always in the boat, and the ultimate opener mounted under the driver's console. As far as I'm concerned, no good beer comes in a can.

post-29-1204861739_thumb.jpg