Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

EVS Web Knee Brace

NvBoarder

So I am thinking about buying a knee brace for wakeboarding and I have narrowed it down to the EVS web knee brace. I havn't had surgery or even really damaged it, yet! I have tweaked it a few times and everytime I try the backrole I tend to land funny and feel like I am putting alot of laterial tension on my knee, side to side and it gets a little sore. I know others that have had major knee injuries trying inverts such as the backroll. My goal is to get several invert in my bag of trick this year so I am trying to think ahead and hopefully not ruin my season by having an incident. So I am looking for opinions on this knee brace and others like it. Is this a good thought, will I take the chance of breaking something more serious like my femur if I wear a knee brace. What do you think??

post-1292-1204779471_thumb.jpg

What do you think??

I think that you should take up slalom. Biggrin.gif

:lol:

Seriously though, I am sporting a rebuilt knee from learning inverts...that hurt like nothing else. Yes.gif I would probably roll with one of the hinged braces if I was still doing them...but I'll leave that foolishness to you young'uns. Notworthy.gif

What do you think??

Seriously though, I am sporting a rebuilt knee from learning inverts...that hurt like nothing else. Yes.gif I would probably roll with one of the hinged braces if I was still doing them...but I'll leave that foolishness to you young'uns. Notworthy.gif

I agree with Mike, leave that sh!t to the young and the bold! Clap.gif I personally use Astrisk Braces for MX and would stick with those, or the knew ones that Fox is behind. EVS makes a great brace, but my god.....$$$$$$$$! Crazy Money! Anyway in the end it is your money.

Greg

What do you think??

I would think the gym would be a better place to start than a piece of equipment. Our crew is full of ACL's peeps, no one wears a brace. Our knee doc will not prescribe one.

What do you think??

Or maybe take up barefooting.... Then you could get a neck brace instead of a knee brace.

What do you think??

I would think the gym would be a better place to start than a piece of equipment. Our crew is full of ACL's peeps, no one wears a brace. Our knee doc will not prescribe one.

I go to the gym three - four times a week and am riding a bike 4-5 times a week so I am doing everything possible to keep my legs, knees, as strong as possible. Just thinking a knee brace couldn't hurt.

What do you think??

I agree with Mike, leave that sh!t to the young and the bold! Clap.gif I personally use Astrisk Braces for MX and would stick with those, or the knew ones that Fox is behind. EVS makes a great brace, but my god.....$$$$$$$$! Crazy Money! Anyway in the end it is your money.

Greg

Yea I checked out the new Fox brace it's pretty nice, the cost is about the same as the EVS. I didn't like the Astrisk brace as well.

Asterisk, CTI, EVS are all good braces. I went with the asterisk brace for dirt bike riding because of the way they fit on my leg. Careful with braces if your knees are not injured, you can do more harm than good if you get injured or place your knee in a bad angle with one on. (my friend is one example)

Edited by bu2007vlx
Asterisk, CTI, EVS are all good braces. I went with the asterisk brace for dirt bike riding because of the way they fit on my leg. Careful with braces if your knees are not injured, you can do more harm than good if you get injured or place your knee in a bad angle with one on. (my friend is one example)

I have heard this more than once, which is what concerns me and partially why I started the thread. My knee is not bad by any regards I am currently wearing just your basic sports brace found at any sports store when I try something inverted. Mainly for the side to side aspect which is where my knee feels weak sometimes after trying several backrolls. I probably won't wear the brace much after I learn the logistics of the trick and land it a few times. It's the learning curve that worries me so I am trying to take precaution while learning it.

post-1292-1204867697_thumb.jpg