Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

GalaxyToad feature on fifteenoff

Hoover

I saw that too. Our very own GT is turning into Mr. Hollywood! i think a name change is in order. The great part is that a 28 off skier is getting so much covererage! Could be a new trend for all of us. Yahoo.gif

Way to go and I thought that was a very well done article. Next time I see him I'm going to ask him to sign my ski now so that after he gets into the bigs and won't sign my ski I can sell it on Ebay and get a premium for the glammor factor of haivng GT sign it.

I saw that too. Our very own GT is turning into Mr. Hollywood! i think a name change is in order. The great part is that a 28 off skier is getting so much covererage! Could be a new trend for all of us. Yahoo.gif

Way to go and I thought that was a very well done article. Next time I see him I'm going to ask him to sign my ski now so that after he gets into the bigs and won't sign my ski I can sell it on Ebay and get a premium for the glammor factor of haivng GT sign it.

It is kind of amazing isn't it. He has become the face of waterskiing amongst the forums of less than pro skiers. :salute: A lot of hard work, persistence, gas/boat $$$, a little narcissism, and many hours on these forums has gone a long way. I'll have to get my ski signed too. Drool.gif I guess I'll have to beg him for lessons now. His training discipline is way better than mine. If he hasn't surpassed me yet, he definitely will this season.

Rockon.gifClap.gif

Cheers.gif

Bill - how on earth you could do the interview and not mention inverted strafing? They'll never know the real Bill Barton if they think you enjoy flying that overweight sow of an aircraft. Biggrin.gif

Edited by edwin

I know elite skiers get to like, 50 off, and have 19 foot-long arms, but running 28 off is nothing to sneeze at. 28 off is shorter than most humans will ever, ever run.

With this said, are you going to post pictures of the dream girl? Cheers.gif

Bill is actually here in San Antonio right now doing some C-5 certfications. He'll be in San Antonio until friday. My wife and I got the pleasure of going out to dinner with him on Monday night. If my work schedule would have worked better with his flight schedule I was going to give him a few pulls. I wish it would have worked out. I would love to get to see him ski. It was great to meet you Bill.

Jamie

I know elite skiers get to like, 50 off, and have 19 foot-long arms, but running 28 off is nothing to sneeze at. 28 off is shorter than most humans will ever, ever run.

With this said, are you going to post pictures of the dream girl? Cheers.gif

My rope must be in meters. Cause I am not even an avid slalom skier and last year at Dale Hollow I skied the course for the first time ever and did it at 22 off. I'm sure I looked like a spaz but I made it... Rockon.gif

That skiing on skis stuff is hard. Whistling.gif

Bill - how on earth you could do the interview and not mention inverted strafing? They'll never know the real Bill Barton if they think you enjoy flying that overweight sow of an aircraft. Biggrin.gif

That was from his top secret days- if he told us all, he'd have to kill us all. So little time and so many peeps to kill would eat into his ski schedule... He only tells a select few peeps those stories to keep the body count down.

inverted straffing?

I thought it was hot nosing :)

While there were several OTFs that fine October day in Farmer City, I believe there is some tape of GT errrrrr Hot Nose going OTF. That video will also be for sale once he becomes famous.

Edited by 2 ThumbsUp

We will have to remember that when we see him the 3rd week of March, when he sets up Mark's new ski and signs it!!!

And Dave when you buy that ski from Bill, you will need him to sign it first.

Ok Bill remember that!

And Yes it was a great article!!

Judy

We will have to remember that when we see him the 3rd week of March, when he sets up Mark's new ski and signs it!!!

And Dave when you buy that ski from Bill, you will need him to sign it first.

Ok Bill remember that!

And Yes it was a great article!!

Judy

I heard about a deal he was working on with HO for "Galaxy" edition of the Monza. Camo graphics, elevons and a speed brake!!!!!

I heard about a deal he was working on with HO for "Galaxy" edition of the Monza. Camo graphics, elevons and a speed brake!!!!!

I thought it was the " Blown Alcohol Nos Ducati SS" edition. Ducati red and raw carbon graphics. Rockon.gif

My name is Bill Barton, I'm 41 years old, married to the women of my dreams...

So Bill, exactly how many women are in your dreams? :)

Well, with his schedule and obsessive-compulsive skiing tendencies I'd be willing to bet he has time to dream about only one. Biggrin.gif

So let's see. . .this was Fifteenoff's "Regular Joe Interview #1." I've skied with Bill, and I'm not sure there's much that's 'regular' about him. LOL Who wants to be "Regular Joe #2?" Can't be Jerry--he spends too much time building hybrids to get out skiing. Michael maybe? ;)

Seriously, fun read, Bill. Thumbup.gif

What!!! Look at this.

post-777-1204835851_thumb.jpg

I just noticed this thread today- I'm glad everyone liked the article. I was really happy with Bill's contribution to the site- he's been a great supporter overall. Thanks again Bill.

Ahhhh, you guys are killin' me :lol:

I was only gone for a week. I guess I should have expected this with all the stupid $hit I do. Maybe if I had some filters installed for this year? Naaa, it would never work.

I can't wait to hit the water this year, it's going to be GREAT and I hope I get to ski with every one of you. That's really where it's at for me. I've learned something from pretty much everyone who has commented here.

Oh, and about those OTF tapes, how much is it going to cost me to, well, make them go away Biggrin.gif

Kinda hoping those are in my past forever.

Thanks again for dinner Jamie, it was a great time. I'm bringing my ski next time. Rockon.gif

Looking forward to getting my "new" ski from you GT. Sounds like you did a great job with the repair of the blem. I can't decide on my new boots; animal superfeet, approach, or the new radar. Any suggestions?

I was only gone for a week. I guess I should have expected this with all the stupid $hit I do. Maybe if I had some filters installed for this year? Naaa, it would never work.

I can't wait to hit the water this year, it's going to be GREAT and I hope I get to ski with every one of you. That's really where it's at for me. I've learned something from pretty much everyone who has commented here.

Oh, and about those OTF tapes, how much is it going to cost me to, well, make them go away Biggrin.gif

Thanks again for dinner Jamie, it was a great time. I'm bringing my ski next time. Rockon.gif

Looking forward to getting my "new" ski from you GT. Sounds like you did a great job with the repair of the blem. I can't decide on my new boots; animal superfeet, approach, or the new radar. Any suggestions?

I like the Approaches, Doug Meeker (liquid edge guy) has RS-1's on his Monza, Wade Cox still swears by Animals. With those 3 choices you really can't go wrong.

For me it comes down to "Do I want to come out or stay with the ski?"

Animals typically release and Approaches resist the release. I'll see ya in a couple weeks Rockon.gif

Thumbup.gif

Definitely bring your ski with you and I'll give you a pull. This next time, I'll be "sick" one of the days you're in town. It was great to meet you and I'm kicking myself for not getting something autographed.... LOL Thumbup.gif