Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New exhaust options!

Intense

I'd have to agree. I knew it wouldn't be as simple as the other boats, but can't see putting that contraption on my boat. Plus, I'd be worried with the FAE exhaust tip sitting so close to the back of the swim platform that someone might get injured.

Sorry guys, but that is just the ugliest thing I have ever seen for an exhaust

Plus1.gif

Plus1.gifPlus1.gif

Just out of curiosity, why do they have to join together? If the SS turndowns sorta work, what's wrong with tips that have a little more of a turndown on them? Still might look bad, but at least it wouldn't interfere with the wedge.

It joins together and plunges under the water behind the rudder in the propwash. I think that is the area where the water would be the most turbulent and broken up resulting in less wake and handling disturbance. It really works for exhaust elimination. I spent several minutes bodyboarding behind my friends boat with that and didn't smell exhaust at all. It is a functional, not an esthetic device.

AAAAAHaaaaa! You must be part of the reason we have Co2 decals on our boats and wakesurfers are getting heckled by water patrols....

Patrick Biggrin.gif

Sorry guys, but that is just the ugliest thing I have ever seen for an exhaust

Plus1.gif

Plus1.gifPlus1.gif

Just out of curiosity, why do they have to join together? If the SS turndowns sorta work, what's wrong with tips that have a little more of a turndown on them? Still might look bad, but at least it wouldn't interfere with the wedge.

It joins together and plunges under the water behind the rudder in the propwash. I think that is the area where the water would be the most turbulent and broken up resulting in less wake and handling disturbance. It really works for exhaust elimination. I spent several minutes bodyboarding behind my friends boat with that and didn't smell exhaust at all. It is a functional, not an esthetic device.

AAAAAHaaaaa! You must be part of the reason we have Co2 decals on our boats and wakesurfers are getting heckled by water patrols....

Patrick Biggrin.gif

Crap! I'm busted! We spent an afternoon trying it AFTER he put the FAE on! I haven't tried it behind any other boat including my boat with the CATs. Plus, it's a little freaky having your head pointed at the back of the boat when it's only a couple feet away!

Check out the FAE website for more info.

<a href="http://www.freshairexhaust.com/" target="_blank">http://www.freshairexhaust.com/</a>

I'm seriously considering a FAE for my Malibu with manual wedge once they're available. I have the silent tip exhaust and it's still noisy and I can smell the exhaust when wakesurfing.

Yes.gif Ours is a stinky boat too. We always (regardless of weather) have to run with the windshield open when surfing, it just builds up too much in the cabin otherwise. And even at that, it's still not great. I'd look into the new cat system for the Hammerhead, but I know that my dealer's just going to say "it'd be easier to just buy a new boat". :lol:

wakegirl

I asked my dealer about installing the cats on my '07 HH.....he said it couldn't easily be done

seems the wiring harness and control modules are different....etc.....

not just as easy as swapping manifolds

• 4 years later...

I wonder if this effects the engine performance or warranty, given that exhaust manifold pressure is highly engineered?

I have heard that is does affect engine performance especially out of the hole.