Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wake surf board?????

ericivey21

I need some help....I want to get a surf board before the season starts and have been looking around but no info about what board I need to get. (length, brand, etc...)We surfed last year with a regular long board and now I need an actual wake surf board. Most of my crew are over 6' and around 200 pounds. Any info would be greatly appreciated.....

this has been discussed a lot and everyone has their preference, mine is phase 5, oogle to start, prop when you get better and then the icon for really showing off.

I see liquid force has a new board that is skim style and lightweight, called the Liquid Force Custom.

ericivey21, how do you and your crew ride? Novice, end of day riding or looking to make it more of your regular thing on the water?

If most of your crew is around 6' and 200lbs; there are many options between skim and surf style pending what you are looking for. Many different alternatives, like the LF Custom...Inland Surfer makes a great hybrid board that provides a great blend of both surfing styles in the Green Loogey...the Blue Lake is also another option.

You also can not go wrong with the P5's as Cervelo suggests...but again, it is dependent on what you and your crew are looking to do...

I'm about the same size as you state that your crewmembers are. I keep this board on my boat for when I want to relax & cruise, and also for the 240 lb & up guys to use, as they can't seem to get up on anything smaller & I want them to ride, since they've been held captive for ballast for the past hour or two. https://generalstore.wakeoutlaws.com/itemde...3I4784fbd173c30

This is the board I really like when I am trying to have fun or accomplish something. It's fast, forgiving, responsive, light, etc. etc. https://generalstore.wakeoutlaws.com/itemde...9I4621919751950

I haven't had the opportunity to try a Phase 5, but everyone sure seems to like them.

Any board will work, just don't err to the smaller size, as it will just plow with a lot of weight on it & you'll have to keep the rope. If a board is a little big, it'll still let you have fun, it just won't feel real responsive.

Great info guys....I have also heard great things about Inland Surfer....What size should I stick with? I would hate to buy a board that is not large enough to surf without the rope....

I picked up a Hyperlite Broadcast 5.6 last year. It was the first time I'd ever tried wakesurfing and I'm very happy with it. I'm 6'1" and about 235 lbs, so I wanted a bigger board to give myself some more flotation. It's a good beginner/intermediate board so it's great to have on the boat even after you've moved onto a better board so your friends can use it. They're not too expensive either.