Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First Run

Souperfly

Had to get in though! BRRRRRRR 60.3 Water temp and 79 Air Temp... I'm still shivering! haha

Only a driver and spotter, not too bad of a wake, just not enough for a shorter board

surf.jpg

I was too cold to try anything daring..

me.jpg

My girl Cooper's first trip.

coops5.jpg

60.3 Water temp and 79 Air Temp... I'm still shivering!

60° / 79° Shocking.gif Man...those are early summer numbers. :Doh: You warm water wussies crack me up. :lol:

Glad to hear yoou got out. Thumbup.gif It was way too windy in Nor Cal this week-end. :( Our little 350 acre lake had white caps all week-end. Cry.gif

We hit out on Sunday.. Air 70, Water 54... I have personally never been in water that cold before.. 2mm wetsuit filled with hot water, jump in.. Not bad, but your feet go numb!!

Skied last fall with Baddog, air-39, water-55. Wore my barefoot suit being that was all I had. No heat or hot shower. We managed to stay out for about 3 hours, starting at daybreak.

I rode across one of my lakes on my snowmobile this weekend! 60 degree water is when I consider leaving the wetsuit at home!

Id consider thoes conditions good on a warm day up here!!

I agree, those are warm weather numbers. It makes me jealous! We are still plowing snow off two feet of ice on our pond just so we can ride four wheelers around on it! Sure looks like fun!

Is there supposed to be something other than a beer in the first pic? Whistling.gif Cause other than the nice shot of cleavage, all I see is a beer. Rockon.gif

She's gettin my beer ready! Clap.gif

All just for all you cold weather freaks, I had to go buy a wetsuit last week just for that weekend! Whistling.gif

Pulled off my first trick, butterslide 180 to goofy then almost W2W.. Followed by one hell of a whiplash landing...

Edited by Souperfly
Is there supposed to be something other than a beer in the first pic? Whistling.gif Cause other than the nice shot of cleavage, all I see is a beer. Rockon.gif

She's gettin my beer ready! Clap.gif

All just for all you cold weather freaks, I had to go buy a wetsuit last week just for that weekend! Whistling.gif

Pulled off my first trick, butterslide 180 to goofy then almost W2W.. Followed by one hell of a whiplash landing...

love the cold. No one else is on the lake. Thumbup.gif

We skied this past friday. It was about 40 Air and 38 ice water. We had to dodge quite a few floating ice patties...some pretty big. About 4 inch thick 9ft diamter flat spot hard to see in light chop. oh and we only barefoot. I can't afford skis.

Edited by areamike
MalibuNation

love the cold. No one else is on the lake. Thumbup.gif

We skied this past friday. It was about 40 Air and 38 ice water. We had to dodge quite a few floating ice patties...some pretty big. About 4 inch thick 9ft diamter flat spot hard to see in light chop. oh and we only barefoot. I can't afford skis.

Gawd ... footin' in water with ice.

Had to get in though! BRRRRRRR 60.3 Water temp and 79 Air Temp... I'm still shivering! haha

Only a driver and spotter, not too bad of a wake, just not enough for a shorter board

Nice! Glad to see you guys getting out. Are you out of the Army yet?

It's been getting spring like around here, 70-75`F but the water is still 46`F Mad.gif Oh yea, and the 50 mph winds on Sunday didn't help :)

ARMY?????? How bout Air Force! Rockon.gif Yeah, I got out Sept 11 06, and was officially discharged Oct 21 06. I was hired on the FAA in April 07, now I'm here in Houston. Rockon.gif

ARMY?????? How bout Air Force! Rockon.gif Yeah, I got out Sept 11 06, and was officially discharged Oct 21 06. I was hired on the FAA in April 07, now I'm here in Houston. Rockon.gif

:Doh:

Anyways, good for you!

That's great news Brandon. Congratulations!

Warm watter wussies indeed! Our lake has a solid 18" of ice on it, people are driving across the main part that is over 90' deep where usually it is wide open! current air temp 22 degrees at high noon. Suck it up and be glad you can even ride! Our lake might thaw by mid april, water will be in the 40s and I"ll be THRILLED to hit it.