Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

07 Vs. 08 LSV?

CBMalibu

I'm looking at a new, left over 2007 23 LSV and a new 2008 23 LSV. Both boats have very similar equipment. The difference in cost is around $8k.

What would you do?

I forgot to add, the 2007 has the Monsoon 383 / 400hp motor. The 2008 has the 340hp engine. Not sure if the big engine is a benefit or not. Gas guzzler?

I forgot to add, the 2007 has the Monsoon 383 / 400hp motor. The 2008 has the 340hp engine. Not sure if the big engine is a benefit or not. Gas guzzler?

The monsoon is the 340 hp motor, the HH is the 383 400 hp motor. I'd go for the 07 and work the price down some more, they will want to get rid of that boat.

Thanks for the correction. the 2007 has the Hammer Head 400hp. The 2008 has the Monsoon 340hp.

I'm assuming that the 07 is 8K less? It's got the HH which is about a $5K option, then if you could talk the dealer down more you really be in good shape when it comes to resale down the road.

Personally I would go for the 07 providing it is still in good condition. I bought mine as a year old never used model. The first one they bought in was in HORRIBLE condition, sad to see my dream boat essentially destroyed by the elements. The dealer then brought up a second one that was in good condition.

The 2007 is in perfect shape. Less than 3 hrs on the engine. Here are a few more detials:

2007 23 LSV

HH 383, Flush Kit, STE, Cooled shaft seal, depth finder, 10" Sub and amp, 900 Watt amp for future tower speakers, Sony CD with removable 1GB w/ 6 speakers and amp, transom remote, fiberglass swim, power wedge, 2 batteries, halogen dock lights, No M-Grain, 3 outlet heater, Bimini and cover

2008 23 LSV

Same as 2007 except - Diamond hull, Underwater swim lights, Sound pack 1 w / 4 speakers

The 2007 is about $8k less because the dealer want's to get rid of it. Looking for some advice from the knowledge on this forum. Is the extra $$$$ woth it?

I have the 07 lsv and my wife and I actually like it better than the 08. I guess that is personal preference. On the money side, we bought a demo with 53 hrs the first of August last year. Probably the main reason we bought the Malibu is resale like 06vlx said(not to mention we have been drewling over them at the last 5 yrs boat shows) I would agree with thethrillofspeed and go for the 07, but work on the price some more or at least get them to throw some extras in like swivel racks (which I have and love) boards, bindings etc. Also, with that bigger motor, I'm not sure if you will need the power prop (I have a 14.5x14.25, but my boat has the 340 Monsoon), but you could see about working that in as well. With gas predicted to reach $4 a gallon this summer you might be able to use that as a negotiating tool.

Good luck!

I have the 07 lsv and my wife and I actually like it better than the 08. I guess that is personal preference. On the money side, we bought a demo with 53 hrs the first of August last year. Probably the main reason we bought the Malibu is resale like 06vlx said(not to mention we have been drewling over them at the last 5 yrs boat shows) I would agree with thethrillofspeed and go for the 07, but work on the price some more or at least get them to throw some extras in like swivel racks (which I have and love) boards, bindings etc. Also, with that bigger motor, I'm not sure if you will need the power prop (I have a 14.5x14.25, but my boat has the 340 Monsoon), but you could see about working that in as well. With gas predicted to reach $4 a gallon this summer you might be able to use that as a negotiating tool.

Good luck!

The 2007 is in perfect shape. Less than 3 hrs on the engine. Here are a few more detials:

2007 23 LSV

HH 383, Flush Kit, STE, Cooled shaft seal, depth finder, 10" Sub and amp, 900 Watt amp for future tower speakers, Sony CD with removable 1GB w/ 6 speakers and amp, transom remote, fiberglass swim, power wedge, 2 batteries, halogen dock lights, No M-Grain, 3 outlet heater, Bimini and cover

2008 23 LSV

Same as 2007 except - Diamond hull, Underwater swim lights, Sound pack 1 w / 4 speakers

The 2007 is about $8k less because the dealer want's to get rid of it. Looking for some advice from the knowledge on this forum. Is the extra $$$$ woth it?

CBMalibu I think everyone here that has responded to your post has told you it was not worth the extra $$ to go with the 08. Everyone also agrees you should try to get him down a little more on that 07 and make the deal before spring hits, you will have less leverage come spring.

I am looking at buying a hold over boat from 07 right now... The question i have since I have not owned a malibu is this... is the 340hp motor enough for the 23ft lsv? how is your hole shot? I am not looking for top end speed so my question is more of power out of the hole.

gcomb:

I've got the 340 Monsoon in my 23 LSV and I have plenty of power. The question is what altitude are you at? If you're using the boat at higher altitudes, you might need the bigger motor.

I am looking at buying a hold over boat from 07 right now... The question i have since I have not owned a malibu is this... is the 340hp motor enough for the 23ft lsv? how is your hole shot? I am not looking for top end speed so my question is more of power out of the hole.

I have the 340 in mine as well. I have no complaints! Thumbup.gif I will have to add that I have the 14.5x14.25 prop. Top end is about 40 mph. I have had 10 people in the boat and had no problem pulling anyone up. Yahoo.gif