Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 2008 V Ride

T-Squared

After looking for used for several months and not finding what we were looking for, we decided to order a new 2008 V Ride at the Detroit show this year...

Spray date is March 4th and the dealer is telling us to expect delivery before April 1st! Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

Options:

Rear Ballast

Manual Wedge

Flip-Bolster

Color Matched Illusion Tower

Color Matched Trailer w/Swing Tongue

Fiberglass Swim Platform

Bimini

Different Side Decals

Swing Board Racks (2)

I am planning on installing all of the stereo equipment after it arrives. I haven't made up my mind yet on tower speakers, it will be Titan or Wetsounds though.

As soon as I get the DVD in the mail I will post some pictures!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• T-Squared

• jtrovato

• meb885

• Bill_AirJunky

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spray date is March 4th and the dealer is telling us to expect delivery before April 1st! Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

Dang that's quick! Is that normal for Malibu or are things slowing down?

Not typically, but it's possible that his dealer had a slot that he gave up.

Congratulations, it's very exciting to order new like that! What are your colors?

I got the first spray date in March that my dealer had. I was the first one to buy a boat at the show, (15 minutes in actually Thumbup.gif ). I had been working the deal for about a month or so and I brought the CFO to the show to close the deal.

Not typically, but it's possible that his dealer had a slot that he gave up.

Congratulations, it's very exciting to order new like that! What are your colors?

After many I-Spec creations we ended up with an all white boat with a white Ill X tower. Gray vinyl (three shades, M-Grain, Charcoal, Platinum). We haven't decided which side graphic we are going to go with, I am leaning towards the 06 WS decal. Anyone have some input on this? The wife and I both are not fans of the Ride decals.

After many I-Spec creations we ended up with an all white boat with a white Ill X tower. Gray vinyl (three shades, M-Grain, Charcoal, Platinum). We haven't decided which side graphic we are going to go with, I am leaning towards the 06 WS decal. Anyone have some input on this? The wife and I both are not fans of the Ride decals.

Congrats! We have the 06 vride and absolutely love it. The Ride decals look like garbage. Sorry - had to say it. Just so you know I agree with you.

You could go with the WS - but stay away from tribal - I think it will look dated in a few years. Or you could just go with the raised MALIBU lettering or no graphics at all. That looks CLEAN! Some people have done that.

My buddy has a Moomba and I think we was embarrassed so didn't have the side graphics put on and it looks really nice on the water.

I have an 05 Vride the previous owner purchased with Wakesetter & Malibu graphics. People know the boat as a "Fakesetter"....... hardly what I want to be know for. My wife likes the graphics, but I have some other ideas about what will need to be done. Mainly strip the graphics altogether. I just don't feel the need to drive a billboard for someone else's gig.

I have an 05 Vride the previous owner purchased with Wakesetter & Malibu graphics. People know the boat as a "Fakesetter"....... hardly what I want to be know for. My wife likes the graphics, but I have some other ideas about what will need to be done. Mainly strip the graphics altogether. I just don't feel the need to drive a billboard for someone else's gig.

Do you have any pics? We were thinking the directional Wakesetter graphic that came on the 2006 VLX's.

I have an 07 vRide and am not a fan of the graphics on the side. I originally had them ship it with no graphics on but ended up having the dealer just put them on in the end because I couldn't come up with anything I liked at the time to replace it with. I will probably end up taking the ride stickers off the side at some point, but would like to put something else in its place. My colors are the same as Bill's above, blue on the bottom with black on top. I almost wish we would have gone with the same color for both the top and bottom to give us more options for sticker layouts but oh well.

I like the color combo you came up with. I came up with a similar scheme when I I-Spec'd for a VTX, although I went with a black Illusion X tower. I ended up deciding to keep my 06 VLX. I will be interested to see the boat when it is done.

I personally don't have a problem w/ the tribal graphics, they just fit well imho. But I agree the Malibu only looks sweet... For speakers I'd check out Bullets as well.

gallery_28_36_41143.jpg

Thanks for finding the picture, I will run it by my wife. I also was thinking of the 05 Ride decal, but I would hate to date it.

I haven't heard much about the Bullets. Most people around here seem to be running the Titan's, I want to hear the music when were boarding. My RLX had (4) Polk 6X9's that were decent, but at 75-80 feet you couldn't hear it as well as we wanted.

We had the side decals taken of on our vride and have been looking at other options. Any thoughts on only putting the 'M' malibu transformer style logo on the side and not the 'wakesetter' lettering that appears on the VLX model. Thanks.

I think with just the transformer logo it will look funny because it will take up so little space on the side of the boat. I think it might look cool if you could somehow get the word ride done in the same domed letters as the wakesetter and put that on the side of the boat. Anyone know if that's a possibility? Where does malibu get the domed letters from? Anyway to get them custom made? I know they make them for bow numbers, but they would be way too small.

• 4 weeks later...

Boat was delivered to the dealer last Thursday. Yahoo.gif The pics are not the best, it was snowing Mad.gifMad.gif so we didnt uncover the entire boat. I drove down there to unwrap it, this was a cool feeling. I felt like I was a kid on Christmas morning. :)Yahoo.gif

Dealer is prepping the boat this week. Tower install, racks, wedge, bimini, side decals and the cover. Its an all white V Ride with a white Ill and three tones of grey on the seats.

We will be picking it up Saturday, I will post some pics then.

Edit: The pics look even worse after I uploaded them. Better pics to follow.

post-2255-1207094476_thumb.jpg

post-2255-1207094509_thumb.jpg

post-2255-1207094522_thumb.jpg

post-2255-1207094534_thumb.jpg

post-2255-1207094542_thumb.jpg

Edited by T-Squared

Yep, we decided to go with the 06 WS decal, atleast for now. I thought about leaving it naked but when I went down to take some delivery pics I was not sold on leaving it blank.

Did you get a white Illusion X tower or white Titan III tower? Your first post says Illusion and the one with the pics says III.

I can see where that wouldbe confusing. I typed I L L and I can see why you would think it was a Titan III. I ordered a white ILLX.

My colors are the same as Bill's above, blue on the bottom with black on top.

Those are great color combo's. Your boat and Bills boat Thumbup.gif

Nice. Your gonna love the new setup. Congrats!

I am so chompin at the bit to get my boat out of storage. Thought I was going to do it last Saturday, but we had like 4" of snow over the weekend. So I paid for 2 more weeks of storage yesterday. Hope to bring it up soon & get everything setup. I have more diamond plate for the trailer, LEDs for the boat, Dbots for the stereo, and a new Max Air front wing for the foil. Lookin forward to my first ride in months.