Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Flush Kit

What are most people using for flushing, or running their motors on the driveway? Does the "fake a lake" work, or is the Flush Pro or Perko flush kit the way to go?

I use a home made fake a lake. Works fine, but I cut the handle on the plunger short enough so it will leak at about 10 psi of back pressure. Personally, I do not want to overpressurize the cooling system of the motor. At full throttle the cooling system is only running at 7 psi in my boat. How do I know this? I put a gauge (0-15 psi) in the motor. I also have a gauge in the oil system (0-100) and on the fuel rail (0-60).

Both work fine, don't worry about over pressurizing the cooling system. I have run literally hundreds of bu's with a fake a lake no problem.

The flush pro is nice if you were ordering a boat or flushed it every time you went out.

-Chris