Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to clean boat on trailer

Hey all,

I was wonder how people approach cleaning their boat while it's on the trailer. Obviously, most of the visible parts are easily accessible. But there are some parts I just can't reach! Are there any special tools or techniques people use to get to these area?

thanks!

Hey all,

I was wonder how people approach cleaning their boat while it's on the trailer. Obviously, most of the visible parts are easily accessible. But there are some parts I just can't reach! Are there any special tools or techniques people use to get to these area?

thanks!

We wipe down the boat everytime we use it and pull it out. We just wipe down as much as we can reach on the hull and bottom without sliding under the boat and then we wax the boat twice a year so that cleans the spots we cannot always reach with wipe down.

Are you talking about underneath the boat? About the only thing I can't get to is where the bottom of the hull is sitting on the bunks. I figure if you can't see it on the trailer, and I know you can't see the bottom when it's in the water, I don't worry about it. And I'm pretty picky when it comes to cleaning too.

Once a year before the season I detail the boat and the trailer (wash and wax both). To wax the bottom of the boat I use a car creeper and get most of the bottom. The rest of the year I wipe down and put babe products on after every outing.

Once a year before the season I detail the boat and the trailer (wash and wax both). To wax the bottom of the boat I use a car creeper and get most of the bottom. The rest of the year I wipe down and put babe products on after every outing.

Plus1.gif I use a piece of carpet. To fat for a creeper :lol: Old clothing a good CD and have at it!!!!!

Plus1.gif

When we detail boats here at the shop we use a creeper to get underneath the boat and completely go at it. As far as the pieces that are on the carpet, if you have a hoist then you can completely clean the bottom of it. Otherwise just wash that area as much as possible. I use a pressure sprayer. Good Luck.

I have a hose end brush with a handle for washing under the boat. For waxing, I will pull the boat on the lawn and just lie on the grass under the boat. For safety, I keep the trailer connected to the truck when venturing under the trailer, never trusting the tongue jack.

Edited by electricjohn