Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which would YOU buy?

RedOwl

Would you rather buy:

an '07 Sunscape 247 LSV dealer demo with 15 hours

OR

a brand new '08 Sunscape 23 LSV

Both boats have the same options more or less.

Both boats are the exact same price.

I understand there are variables in every situation, but I'm wondering which boat you would purchase with the few facts that I've listed.

Tough to answer since you have left out the most important thing between the boats. Size vs people. One of the main benefits to the 08 23lsv is the new rider/ballast/wedge system. If the 23 is equipped with pw and ballast I would say the 23 is a better value. Since the Sunscape is not equipped with built in ballast, I would probably say the 247. The new 23 hull is awesome, but I don't know that it is that much better without pw/full ballast.

Just my opinion

Thumbup.gif:unsure:Thumbup.gif

Would you rather buy:

OR

I understand there are variables in every situation, but I'm wondering which boat you would purchase with the few facts that I've listed.

I would have to say that both boats are awesome, and you will be happy with either one. Rockon.gif With that said I think that it will all come down to what your personal preferences are. You should go with the one that suits your needs best and the one that you like the most. IMHO I dont like the new dashes and stereo set up and that was the deal breaker for me a 08 FWIW. So I ended up going with a 07 and I havent had a regret yet. If you are happy with the demo boats colors and options then go with that, if you would rather choose the color scemes and options then you will have to get the 08. Its a hard decision, just go with the one that you and your family likes the best. After that let the fun in the sun begin!! Good luck and Congrats Thumbup.gif

Boy, I'd like to be in your shoes (big baller). I'd have to agree with the last about what's best for your family. You can't go wrong with any of your choices. I'm hearing good things about the new speed control. Congrats on any you choose!!! keep us informed on your choice.

We'll neither...lol I've already got a big boat.... :)

Keep in mind the ’07 LSV is now on the older hull, not that it’s bad just keep in mind it’s on a older hull design. If the demo is fits the bill colors options etc, than it’s not bad to make sure all the issues have been worked out. The lure of a new boat getting it ordered exactly the way I want…well that would probably win if I needed the room, had the storage space and a TV that could pull it.

The '07 is the 247 and the '08 is the 23.

I'm a little confused, I was told that the '07 247 has a cut diamond hull as well? Thus, when I wrote this question I assumed the hulls were very similar.

Someone please straighten me out!

Would you rather buy:

OR

What will be your main use for the boat? Will it be used mainly for cruising/entertaining or for watersports?

there is no diamond hull option for a 247. The Sunscape 247 actually rides on the wake hull

that makes for a huge surf and wakeboarded wake Yahoo.gif

I'm not a big fan of the new stereo in the 08's and not sure if you get to order your own colors or not.

The diamond hull on the new 23 LSV is suppose to be a pretty good surf wake. It wants to plow more.

If I had the choice, I'ld get the 08 23LSV. Better resale, newer model year.

The diamond hull on the new 23 LSV is suppose to be a pretty good surf wake. It wants to plow more.

If I had the choice, I'ld get the 08 23LSV. Better resale, newer model year.

Plus1.gif

Since you didn't ask what we thought you should buy, just what I would between the two - 08 23LSV. New hull, windshield and tower rock!

I wouldn't buy either as I prefer to spend time on a skinny stick, but since that's not an option.

I'd prefer the '08 for the reasons everyone gave above if I got to order it or it was pretty close to my color preferences.

It you are heading out with a big crew - more than 12 on a regular basis, I'd get he 247 over the 23.

I'm in Love.gif with the '08 LSV's, so I guess you know what my answer will be. I'd love to go through the process of picking colors & waiting for MY boat to be built. And the new LSV's are fantastic. I actually love the windshield.