Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 VLX Build Starts on.....

chrisallenhogs

March 12th. It got pushed back from March 4th. Dealer says it should be here before April. I got the pretty standard boat with just a few options:

340 Monsoon

Bimini

Cover

Power Wedge

JBL Black Box with digital transom remote

6 Alpine type r's in the boat

2 pro 80 X on the tower

Powered by Alpine Amps

Fiberglass swim platform

pop up cleats

Anything else I should get?

March 12th. It got pushed back from March 4th. Dealer says it should be here before April. I got the pretty standard boat with just a few options:

340 Monsoon

Bimini

Cover

Power Wedge

2 pro 80 X on the tower

Powered by Alpine Amps

Fiberglass swim platform

pop up cleats

Depth Gauge, you won't be sorry getting it, but you might, not getting it.

Front Ballast tank

340 Monsoon

Bimini

Cover

Power Wedge

2 pro 80 X on the tower

Powered by Alpine Amps

Fiberglass swim platform

pop up cleats

My passengers are big fans of the heater and shower. I also second the bow ballast. Don't skimp now because you'll regret it next year just ask me!

Heated Drivers Seat / Hot Water Shower. Very popular on my VTX last year!! Have the dealer instal the shower not the factory though.They put the temp controls onder the middle of the back seat under that plastic pan by the trans. PITA to get at.

I am surprised depth gauges are not standard, or at least one of those options that a dealer makes standard on their boats. Maybe the lakes in MN are a little bit 'bumpier' than elsewhere!

I just bought one as well. Mine is at the dealer and I will wait a month or so to pick it up. All lakes are frozen in my area for another month. I saved enough to buy one they already had but am wishing it had bow ballast. Depth finder is a must. Enjoy!

i ordered mine without the heated seat (even though i thought it would be great) because of discussions with friends that had that option and that said it was not very effective.

Edited by Cervelo