Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Suggestions for Bord & Surf Racks....

JHolmes

We have 07 VLX with the illusion tower, boat came with two lucky devil board racks which are so, so. We carry a lot of gear...various surf boards and multiple wakeboards. I want to store wakeboards in racks using top mounts on each side of the tower and surf boards in the lower mount on one side or possibly both. Can you guys please suggest racks that will suit our needs. I have tried DBOT wake and surf racks, but the racks are so close to each other.

This is frustrating and really need some advice.

Thanks,

JHolmes

i couldn't find the "drop down" on the nice site. does anyone have a pic?

it seems like a drop down would be compatible with any rack that is illusion tower compatible - negating the need to buy new racks, just the drop down...

but i may be wrong...

What "drop down" for nice racks....their web site seems a little weak. I think I will order the titan spinner racks from the dealer.....will the titan racks hold a surf board?

Hey JHolmes-

We offer two Titan Spinner versions for the IX tower, one that will hold two wakeboards, and one that will hold one thick surfboard. If you have a compression molded surfboard that is the same thickness as a wakeboard, it will fit in our standard wakeboard rack just fine. Larger boards, like the newer Hyperlite Landlock, all Inland Surfer, etc. will not fit in a wakeboard rack.

Give us a break down of which boards you're trying to store, and I'll give you an idea of the best racks for the job.

Hey thanks so much for the detail! Three kids and adult wakeboards plus Hyperlite Broadcast surfboard, Prop Phase 5, and our new Drew Danielo Pro Model....3 different surfboards makes storage a little tough!

Again, thanks for your help!!!

Jholmes

Hey Trent,

We used to mount ours like that, but under the bimini with my old soft cartop surfracks. Is that what you are using there?

JHolmes - I have to agree the niceracks site isn't the most user friendly. You can also check with the Wakeoutlaw guys. They sell NICE and could help out as well...

https://generalstore.wakeoutlaws.com/nicerack.php

Smed

Hey Trent,

We used to mount ours like that, but under the bimini with my old soft cartop surfracks. Is that what you are using there?

JHolmes - I have to agree the niceracks site isn't the most user friendly. You can also check with the Wakeoutlaw guys. They sell NICE and could help out as well...

https://generalstore.wakeoutlaws.com/nicerack.php

Smed

Smed,

acually I had them made at an upholstry shop. Its basically like what you would find on the roll bar of an old jeep. Vinyl around padding that zips together and then a strap running through it.