Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Switchblade for all boats

JasonK

Just got the new Alliance wakeboard mag. Theres an ad in there for the swithblade wake enhancement system. They're advertising it as an add-on for most inboard boats. And they advertise that you can power your manual Malibu wedge.

Sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out at fatwakeco.com.

Anybody know anything about it?

I've looked at it. Even asked our local Centurian dealer about it....... who knew nothing. I had to show him the picture of it in their literature.

One thing I don't care for at all is how the Wedge makes the boat handle. And the prop wash created is a drag to ride thru on a foil.

From what I've read the Switchblade has a hinge on it & it will turn with the rudder. This makes the boat handle a lot better while at speed. And the Switchblade is fully adjustable, similar to how a power Wedge works, for a fully adjustable wake, while at speed. The difference is that the Switchblade will also adjust to the point that it acts like a trimtab instead of a Wedge, pushing the bow down, which is great in rough water.

The downfall of the Switchblade is that it makes the boat tough to go in reverse. Apparently it just flops over to one side as the boat goes backwards.

It looks like they're marketing a new product for the universal application which is different from the Switch Blade. The Razor Blade appears different from the terrible images that are on their site.

There are some REALLY good things about the Switch Blade (auto launch, negative setting for skiing/footing), and some not so good things (weight, tolerance in the hinge), but I like that they're thinking outside the box.

• 1 month later...