Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Why buy an X2

hotrodbowtie

OK, here goes.

If the cost were totally equal, and both boats were loaded with all possible options from each manufacturer, convince me why someone should pick an X2 over VTX. I keep hearing about the money. I hear about speculation of wake...

I am interested to hear from people who have owned, ridden, or driven both boats. Let's try not to make this a BASH, try to throw personal bias out, and come up with some real reasons a person would by an X2 over a VTX. I hope this stimulates a lot of conversation. I think that we could have threads about each boat in malibu's line vs all comers and make a good section for incoming members and new buyers. :) :) :)

I Have been in both, ridden both, driven both, factory weighted, I have not skied either

The X2 is a very poor boat compared to the 'Bu

-Too much bowrise

-The Bow is skimpy (In no way can you stretch out your legs)

-it's slower to 30, 36, and top speed (This can also factor into fuel economy)

-Hand over hand Steering you can't grip that steering wheel enough

-Won't surf nearly as well

-Ski wake is also crap, not that you could notice because you'd be pulling the boat around so much from the lack of tracking fins

-Tower squirms under any load (If you can figure out how to fold it, it takes too long)

- Factory wakeboarding Wake is nowhere near the VTX, who wants to mess with fatsacs?

-I'm not a fan of snap out carpet (Looks like an i/o to me, and not as plush, the Carpet saver is nicer IMHO)

Do not buy a Malibu VTX Because of price, buy the Malibu because it is a better boat!

(I just copied my arguments from antoher thread)

Wouldn’t it be more appropriate to ask this question at a MC site?

This place might be able to convince you why to buy a VTX OVER A X2.

You don’t walk into a ford dealer and ask them to convince you to buy a corvette, do you?

OK, here goes.

If the cost were totally equal, and both boats were loaded with all possible options from each manufacturer, convince me why someone should pick an X2 over VTX. I keep hearing about the money. I hear about speculation of wake...

I am interested to hear from people who have owned, ridden, or driven both boats. Let's try not to make this a BASH, try to throw personal bias out, and come up with some real reasons a person would by an X2 over a VTX. I hope this stimulates a lot of conversation. I think that we could have threads about each boat in malibu's line vs all comers and make a good section for incoming members and new buyers. :) :) :)

Since nobody will defend MC, I will... at least a bit:

1- Both are lookers. Some might not tike the picklefork but I do...

2- It sits more people (11 Vs 10), looks a feels bigger but, I know, it's narrower.

3- lounge is bigger (engine box is smaller)

3- New gages/controles on X2 are nice

4- I like Snap-on carpets better but I agree, it doesn't look as plush, and snap-ons do look like I/O but sooo much more practical

5- More standard equipment, swivel racks, stereo, cleats, PP etc.

6- Better base stereo

7- Quality of construction (though opinions vary a lot)... I don't want to get into that

8- No wedge (one less thing that'll break), X2 has a wake SHAPER. VTX wave seems bigger

9- Bigger V on hull

10- Cash reward program... so your X2 is actually cheaper 3 years down the road!

What I like better on VTX or any malibu:

1- No vision obstruction with tower

2- handling / tracking

3- More of a core wake machine than X2

4- Dash ... It's BLING but not tacky

5- Density of cushions, Vinyl Quality

6- look of the lounge, feels more like a luxury boat

7- Stiffness of tower... IMHO the biggest drawback for the X2

8- Steering wheel

Edited by djkoma1

The tower alone is why I own a Malibu now instead of another MC.

I'm like 220 lbs & most of my buddies are my size, give or take a few. We are all aggressive riders no afraid to throw big tricks & hold on to pull out the landing. Do that with any of the MC towers these days & you will have major flex.... to the point that the handle can be thrown back into the boat if the rider lets go at the wrong time.

Load the MC tower up with speakers & gear sometime..... it can be scary.

It's no wonder they recalled the towers made prior to 2008.

The tower alone is why I own a Malibu now instead of another MC.

I'm like 220 lbs & most of my buddies are my size, give or take a few. We are all aggressive riders no afraid to throw big tricks & hold on to pull out the landing. Do that with any of the MC towers these days & you will have major flex.... to the point that the handle can be thrown back into the boat if the rider lets go at the wrong time.

Load the MC tower up with speakers & gear sometime..... it can be scary.

It's no wonder they recalled the towers made prior to 2008.

When I would ride behind buddy (who now has a Bu)the X-2 I called the tower the monster flex instead of zero flex.