Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VTX vs. X2 Which would you buy

Willy

The X2 is a very poor boat compared to the 'Bu

-Too much bowrise

-The Bow is skimpy (In no way can you stretch out your legs)

-it's slower to 30, 36, and top speed (This can also factor into fuel economy)

-Hand over hand Steering you can't grip that steering wheel enough

-Won't surf nearly as well

-Ski wake is also crap, not that you could notice because you'd be pulling the boat around so much from the lack of tracking fins

-Tower squirms under any load (If you can figure out how to fold it, it takes too long)

Do not buy a Malibu VTX Because of price, buy the Malibu because it is a better boat!

total scam on the rebate. Mastercraft is lowering prices on their boats. They have to do something to sell them. You may think you are getting a great deal on a great boat. However, their quality is nowhere near what it was 20 years ago. Malibu is now the better boat. I had an 06 Mastercraft for the same reason you stated. I thought I was getting a great deal on the best boat. It wasn't worth a dime in fact it spent more time at the plant than on the water. Very bad mistake. As stated above go with what you know is quality. Thumbup.gif

The X2 is a very poor boat compared to the 'Bu

-Too much bowrise

-The Bow is skimpy (In no way can you stretch out your legs)

-it's slower to 30, 36, and top speed (This can also factor into fuel economy)

-Hand over hand Steering you can't grip that steering wheel enough

-Won't surf nearly as well

-Ski wake is also crap, not that you could notice because you'd be pulling the boat around so much from the lack of tracking fins

-Tower squirms under any load (If you can figure out how to fold it, it takes too long)

Do not buy a Malibu VTX Because of price, buy the Malibu because it is a better boat!

Plus1.gif

O.K., I know this isn't what this topic is about but I went to www.tmcowners.com to find some info and after 15 minutes there I am even more impressed with themalibucrew.com Wow, there is a wealth of info at the crew! Great job to everyone here.

Sorry, but not much info from MC owners.

O.K., I know this isn't what this topic is about but I went to www.tmcowners.com to find some info and after 15 minutes there I am even more impressed with themalibucrew.com Wow, there is a wealth of info at the crew! Great job to everyone here.

Sorry, but not much info from MC owners.

Couldn't agree more!!

Plus1.gif