Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Some old Byerly footage

Malibuman

Skill & proper technique will get you more air than a wedge and 1500 lbs of ballast. That is part of the reason that I don't see much difference for most riders boarding behind a high dollar wakeboard boat or a common I/O. Very few that I see have enough skill to do anything impressive anyway.

I am a barefooter and the same thing applies to most footers. The biggest majority of footers can't do much more behind a top of the line barefoot boat than they can behind an I/O.

Edited by BillFooter
Skill & proper technique will get you more air than a wedge and 1500 lbs of ballast. That is part of the reason that I don't see much difference for most riders boarding behind a high dollar wakeboard boat or a common I/O. Very few that I see have enough skill to do anything impressive anyway.

Spoken like a true fellow footer with at least some skills to stay on your feet at 40mph instead of wollering around behind a big buick boat going 10 mph on a surf board Thumbup.gif

I am a barefooter and the same thing applies to most footers. The biggest majority of footers can't do much more behind a top of the line barefoot boat than they can behind an I/O.

It isn't enough to just hang on?? Whistling.gif

Edited by areamike

Wow. Thats awesome!!

As a side note - he is boarding at the same location that we frequent now, and that my dad grew up on 50 years ago!! Dont usually get "Pro's" up in our neck of the woods!!

Wow... this makes me feel stupid buying a 60K wake boat.

Well at least you can surf properly behind a Wake Boat vs ski boat.

I've tried behind my Response and .... more water coming in the boat than actual wave + I hate manual filling of fat sacks.

If you show me Byerly or anyone else on a barefoot boat actually surfing THAT well, I'll reconsider changing boat!!!!!

Whistling.gif

Yah! Right! LOL

Wow. Thats awesome!!

As a side note - he is boarding at the same location that we frequent now, and that my dad grew up on 50 years ago!! Dont usually get "Pro's" up in our neck of the woods!!

Is that the Connecticut River?