Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is the new LSV that good?

Water Boy

I have a 07 LSV loaded, and I am very happy with it. The only thing I regret not getting was the up graded HH engine for more power when we are loaded down. I have put a new prop on and that helped a lot. So needless to say the boat is great but I keep hearing good things about this new LSV Hull. I don't like the looks of the new dash and I don't think we would use the personalized wake memory feature either so I am trying to figure out if it is worth trading in for the new 08-09 LSV? I also forgot to mention the price increase that malibu added after 07 that I would have to suck up. I need some input on this one....

I have heard great things about the new hull, although I have no personal experience with it yet. IMO....demo demo demo. Don't place an order without doing this & don't depend on the advice of strangers to make that decision. I have known too many people over the years that have ordered new without doing that & ended up regretting the decision for one reason or another.

I agree completely.. Demo it up. you will see some differences.. Harder to dip the front, cuts through the chop much better... It may or may not be enough difference for you... it was for us...

Definately you'll want to demo as the biggest difference is the hull. I'm not a fan of the new dash to the degree it'd keep me from purchasing a new one. Get the dealer to take you out for a demo and load it up as you do now.

I'll give you my opinion sometime in April or May. I love the way both boats look(07 & 08). I haven't had a chance to compare wakes yet. It's all gonna be personal preference either way. Both boats are sure to please most.

I have a 07 LSV loaded, and I am very happy with it. The only thing I regret not getting was the up graded HH engine for more power when we are loaded down. I have put a new prop on and that helped a lot. So needless to say the boat is great but I keep hearing good things about this new LSV Hull. I don't like the looks of the new dash and I don't think we would use the personalized wake memory feature either so I am trying to figure out if it is worth trading in for the new 08-09 LSV? I also forgot to mention the price increase that malibu added after 07 that I would have to suck up. I need some input on this one....

I'm confirming my 08 LSV order tomorrow at lunch.....I'm already in the queue. I've been talked into the Monsoon motor....most people seemed to think I'd be fine with it along with the ACME 1235. I keep tellling them that I'll be running lot's of extra weight.....as in two large bags in each locker along with 600-800 in pop bags....along with a large bag in the nose when needed.

everyone please chime in....it's such a pricey upgrade, but don't want to be living in regret...need some last minute advice/support here!!! :)

On engine choice, this is my opinion so take it for what it's worth. I've never, ever spoken with anyone that regretted ordering more power (at least in engines where it was legit, such as the newer Hammerhead), but I have known plenty that have regretted the choice of lesser power or at least wondered at what more power would be like. JM2C

04, 05, 06,07 Are all on the same hull. 08 is a new hull. From what the rep's said at the show, it has a better hull for surfing and the Diamond is said to cut htorugh water better than the wake hull.

Oh, and Brad, the 08 is the only one you can get with the captain chair :lol:

04, 05, 06,07 Are all on the same hull. 08 is a new hull. From what the rep's said at the show, it has a better hull for surfing and the Diamond is said to cut htorugh water better than the wake hull.

Oh, and Brad, the 08 is the only one you can get with the captain chair :lol:

I buddy of mine custom ordered an '06 LSV with dual captain chairs!