Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Good website for accessories?

Dave08'VLX

I just purchase a new boat am would like to know some good websites for accessories. I basically need to outfit the boat with the necessities and toys.

I need a couple wake boards, a surf board, and a wake skate.

I do have a 138 LF Substance and Byerly bindings but want something new. The Byerly’s have been great but may be getting a little stretched out because my foot will partially go through the toe opening. What is the best wakeboard setup for an advanced rider? I would also like a good binding for someone with ankle injuries. I have a couple of screws in my ankle from snowboarding 5 yrs ago and broke the same ankle 2 yrs ago wake boarding. Need something that has good support with easy entry/ exit.

This is the first boat that I have owned and need to know those things that are good to have.

Thanks for the input.

I just purchase a new boat am would like to know some good websites for accessories. I basically need to outfit the boat with the necessities and toys.

I do have a 138 LF Substance and Byerly bindings but want something new. The Byerly’s have been great but may be getting a little stretched out because my foot will partially go through the toe opening. What is the best wakeboard setup for an advanced rider? I would also like a good binding for someone with ankle injuries. I have a couple of screws in my ankle from snowboarding 5 yrs ago and broke the same ankle 2 yrs ago wake boarding. Need something that has good support with easy entry/ exit.

This is the first boat that I have owned and need to know those things that are good to have.

Thanks for the input.

Check out our links page, it has a great list of vendors to get you started in the right direction. Also on the Tech/DIY page, there is a "shopping list" that tells you nearly everything you would need or would want to have for your new boat.

Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the site.

Edited by woody

Thanks for the input.

Check out our links page, it has a great list of vendors to get you started in the right direction. Also on the Tech/DIY page, there is a "shopping list" that tells you nearly everything you would need or would want to have for your new boat.

Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the site.

Thanks for the advice!

Thanks for the input.

Dave08'VLX

The best place to do this may be your dealer. I'm not sure where you live or who your dealer is, but if you just bought a new '08 I would talk to the dealer and see if you could get a discount on a "shopping trip" to outfit your new boat. They will probably give you a good deal and you'll get to try on all the equipment before you buy in their pro shop.

The last two wakeboards we bought for our girls came from here boardersmall They had the previous years models in what we needed for them (just different graphics for the ones we wanted)

They run a wakeboard school Deltawakeboardcamp and seem very knowledgable. They beat any price I found other places for the same boards/bindings including ebay.

They would likely give you some options/suggestions if you call them, they did great for us both times.

Most other stuff we get from Overtons or just from our local shops.

We check Ebay often for overtons closeouts Overtons ebay store

Thanks for the info. I was actually thinking of some 07' gear to get some good deals.

Grizzly-sports online sells a lot of last years models at good discounted prices.

I can't believe you guys missed the best place to look. RTFM.gif become a supporting member and take advantage of the discounts from some of our vendors.

If your looking for last yrs stuff Grizzly always has great prices, Whileys and Skidim.

I'm not a big fan of Overtons.

Thanks for the input.

Dave08'VLX

The best place to do this may be your dealer. I'm not sure where you live or who your dealer is, but if you just bought a new '08 I would talk to the dealer and see if you could get a discount on a "shopping trip" to outfit your new boat. They will probably give you a good deal and you'll get to try on all the equipment before you buy in their pro shop.

Plus1.gif Unless you already took advantage of the them :)

www.woodysgarage.com has been the best for us. They simply took their entire inventory and made it half off.

I have bought 2 complete setups there. One was a LF Melissa setup for 275.00 shipped. Cheapest i could find anywhere else was 450.00 and we just bought

a LF omega 139 with switch bindings for $135.00 plus it's free shipping. Their customer service is questionable but their prices are insane.

Thanks delta. I just bought a girls package at a great price and free shipping as well. Picked up the Ronix vault with divide bindings. Saved about $100 from what I could find other places.

boardersmall.com was awesome. I had just bought some stuff on evogear.com ( frequent shopper here - great service and awesome prices)- boarders mall had slightly better deals and evogear beat them. Find what you want and have them match each others prices- got a 130HL Eden for 139, HLera bindings for 98, HL139Roam for 148, HLelement bindings89, and LFnoise bindings for 94... Whole family but me is now set for summer... Thumbup.gif

Woodysgarage.com is friggin great! And, they are in my home town. The people there are and have always been very courteous and kind. Great People to work with and great prices too!

SG

I have purchased from H2oz a couple of times now. They are very good to deal with. Don't know how the prices would compare to the sites listed above, but they have items listed on closeout and take an additional % off. Check this page.

You should check out your local West Marine Store and tell them you have purchased a new boat. . I realize that it isn't on line but when I did that they gave me a decent discount . It is a franchise policy for all new boat owners I believe. I also think you get the discount on used boats that are new to you. I was impressed and saved quite a bit of money.