Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Height of a VLX sitting on Trailer

chrisallenhogs

has anyone tried taking the tounge all the way to the ground? I wonder what kind of extra inches that could give me off of the top?

• 3 weeks later...

My friend just found out he has the same problem. Looks like we are going to be removing racks and the tow point. Can anyione give instructions on removing the towball?

Aidansdad,

Removing the tow ball on my 2007 LSV20 was not too difficult.

1. Pry up top cover of the tow ball with a screw driver. It is held in place with a gasket on the bottom of cover. Be careful not to scratch the cover.

2. Unbolt brass nut that holds bolt in place. (I don't know the size deep well socket you will need. If I recall it is a standard size.)

3. With a deep well socket unscrew bolt that is connected to the tower. (Again I don't remember size deep well socket needed.)

4. I think that was all there was to it.

Hope this helps

Phil, I talked to my guy at the boat place, it is pretty much not possible, you are going to miss it by 2 inches unless you take the wheels off and put it on movable jacks.

Not true!! I got the same answers ("won't fit", "prepare to store outside", etc) when I purchased my 06 VLX on a "non-low profile" trailer and was attempting to find out if it would fit in my standard opening garage. I do have to take the ball off the top of the tower, and push it back into the garage like others have mentioned, but what a small price to pay to keep it in the garage so that it stays super clean, can be maintained on rainy days, does not have to be winterized (in Atlanta), etc.

Note: the first time it took me 15 minutes + to lower the tower, take off the ball, lower the tongue, etc, but I've got it down to about 4 minutes, so it has worked out great for us.

My bet is that if you really want to get it in your garage, you'll find a way!

FYI,

Mook

Anyone know if this combo fits?

VLX on a Boat Mate T/A trailer with 14" aluminum wheels. 7' garage door with actual door height measurement of 6' 10".

With tires at normal pressure and hitch as low as it would go, this was not even close to going in. But I did get it in.

My (OK, my sons) trick to making it fit ......skateboard Yahoo.gif

Lowered front of trailer onto skateboard and slid her in no problem. Thumbup.gif