Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

INDO Board

bu2007vlx

Crew, how many boarders use the INDO board as a training tool on dry land? Has it help your boarding with balance, core strength and fitness?

We have an indo board at home. It definitely helps with balance. It must help core strength, when I first started using it my stomach muscles hurt. As for overall fitness... questionable.

It is fun though and I think it's worth having around. A definite conversation piece for people that come over that have never used it. It's usually quite humorous for them to try it the first time.

Crew, how many boarders use the INDO board as a training tool on dry land? Has it help your boarding with balance, core strength and fitness?

We have an indo board at home. It definitely helps with balance. It must help core strength, when I first started using it my stomach muscles hurt. As for overall fitness... questionable.

It is fun though and I think it's worth having around. A definite conversation piece for people that come over that have never used it. It's usually quite humorous for them to try it the first time.

You can use it for fitness to be sure...you just have to use it the right way. I don't use it much for fitness, mostly balance, but it's fun either way.

You can use it for fitness to be sure...you just have to use it the right way. I don't use it much for fitness, mostly balance, but it's fun either way.

Some friends of a friend brought one on a ski trip a couple years back, great fun, good for balance. I have been thinking of picking one up, but am afraid of the possible wallboard, furniture and millwork divots from sending the board :unsure:

My best tricks- jumping up, turning a 360 and landing on the board and jumping up, spinning the board 180 and landing it (but I did not spin).

Also, we balanced on our heads and elbows (like learning to do headstands) while balancing on the board. It made for several hours of fun on that vacation. Those are all lame compared to watching the indo-board video showing tricks.

I recommend the balance 360 over the indo board. http://www.gearguys.com/930022.html It requires you to balance all directions; not just forward/backwards. Comes with a medium and advanced skill size ball. IT WORKS! I use it for surfing, very realistic. You could pretty much build your own. It comes with a 1.5"-thick board about 3' long x 2'wide with the corners cut, 2 rubber basketballs (medium and small size, pump, and video. the bottom of the board has a circular wooden border nailed to the underside to keep you and the board from rolling of the ball completely. You could easily build this and save yourself $90. I didn't mind paying it though.

I've got the INDO Pro - Got it for Christmas.

It was a fun few days during the vacation, learning to use it and getting good at balancing. My kids have used it more than I have since - almost every day. They pull it out and use it in the living room all the time, even if we put it away. Even the 4 year old is getting better.

Can't speak to the Fatty above, but the INDO is fun. And balance does improve. Can't speak to it helping me on the water, since I just got it. But I can only imagine it has to help.

• 3 weeks later...

For a good illustration of the balance difference between wakeboarding and slalom...Stand on the Indo board with your feet spread wide (like standing on a wakeboard) - Pretty easy, right? Now rotate your feet so that you're standing heel-to-toe, feet together...not quite so easy. No.gif Now...get up off the floor and go get the board from the other side of the room. :lol:

For a good illustration of the balance difference between wakeboarding and slalom...Stand on the Indo board with your feet spread wide (like standing on a wakeboard) - Pretty easy, right? Now rotate your feet so that you're standing heel-to-toe, feet together...not quite so easy. No.gif Now...get up off the floor and go get the board from the other side of the room. :lol:

I've been having a great time on mine!! I've gotten to where I can go all the way to the end hold it and bring it back on both sides most of the time. I've been trying to walk up to the nose with out much success. I will try your heel to toe thing and see if I can manage to send it through a window.

I have had mine for a few years. I don't think it really helps with Wakeboarding much at all, but it is fun and you'd be suprised how many people that aren't into boardsports would hop on it if you pulled it out at a party. From experience the ladies seem to like it a lot. If you're looking for something to help your riding though, I'd recommend a trampoline way before an indo board. Wakeskating I can see it helping a little bit with kickflips and such.