Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How long does it take to build an 08 VLX?

chrisallenhogs

Hey guys, just ordered an 08 VLX that is set to start building on March 4th. Anyone have any idea how many weeks it takes to build? Thanks for the help.

I am pretty excited, it is a suprise for my wife (she has no idea). She is much better than me and this is quite an upgrade from our 2002 sportster lx we sold last year (we sold because we had a baby).

7-9 days to build and 6-8 weeks for delivery. The factory will wait until they have a full truck before making thier rounds for delivery.

Oh.... Congrats on the new 'bu!

Edited by woody
I am pretty excited, it is a suprise for my wife (she has no idea). She is much better than me and this is quite an upgrade from our 2002 sportster lx we sold last year (we sold because we had a baby).

First congreats on the new Bu Yahoo.gif Lets see pics when you get her.

Now how do all you guys pull of buying some thing this expensive with out getting your Whistling.gif chewed?

FYI I'm single so I can make all the decisions. Thumbup.gif

...The factory will wait until they have a full truck before making thier rounds for delivery....

Ahh.. the advantages of buying from the #1 dealer (in sales volume) in the Southeast. We get our orders in QUICK! Thumbup.gif

Enjoy your new BU.... and like it was said!! PICS PLEASE!

How quick did you get yours in? I was told 2 weeks delivery. Hopefully it will be that quick as I don't know how long I can go without telling my wife.

I was at the cali plant last week, it takes 8 days from start to finish, the wait is at least 6 weeks from the time the order is placed and if you are not close to the plant it could take another week or two for delevery. The dealer is notified when the boat will start in the production.

We went up to see or new 23 lsv, should have it in a week or so. The dealer has a week or so on the stereo and then the summer is on.

...The factory will wait until they have a full truck before making thier rounds for delivery....

Ahh.. the advantages of buying from the #1 dealer (in sales volume) in the Southeast. We get our orders in QUICK! Thumbup.gif

Enjoy your new BU.... and like it was said!! PICS PLEASE!

Your pretty luck to get a boat that fast. I live four hours from Merced, and it still took eight weeks from my order date to delivery.

My total turnaround from order placement would've been about 5 weeks, but we didn't finalize options so my spray date got bumped back. I think from the spray date to dealer delivery it will be about 3 weeks.

Weird maybe he has some pull that he's not telling us about. Dontknow.gif

I tried to do this when I went to the factory for a tour and water test of my SLXi...answer was resounding no. President of the ski club may be diff't than the average Joe. YMMV