Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WakeKite

Sunscape21LSV

I've used one and it's pretty fun. I think that anyone who has decent board control with a wakeboard can start usingthe kite right away. It's pretty easy to get the hang of it and everyone I was with got pretty big air on their first jump and it just got better from there, until our forearms gave out. The wakekite has a lot of up force, so its kind of like doing pull ups across the lake.

My biggest grief with the wakekite is that it has to be very calm to use it. Wind makes it impossible to steer the kite so you can't get any air, let alone just go ride. My first love is wakeboarding, so the calmer it gets the more I want to ride making the wakekite not often used. Note I am in a seasonal summer business so my time on the water is limited as it is.

All in all the thing seemed really safe, people always wonder if it's dangerous if the boat goes really fast but you really can't control the kite at fast speeds so thats a non issue. Falling from the height you can get with the kite could be dangerous, we held on tight and enjoyed the ride and had no injuries.

If you are thinking of getting one get the 9.0, I see little to no reason for the 5 unless you are very light weight.

• 1 year later...

Used one for a weekend and it was OK. Very hard on the arms and body. I lift weights every day and train and I'm in my late twenties...........was soooo tired after using it that you couldn't do anything else!!!!! I was in the middle of a jump and you just try to hang on after a while. Overall I would not buy one buy one but rent one once a summer for something different......that's what we are going to do. Kind of gimmicy but different. We are going to try outright kiteboarding....for those windy days.