Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bimini Top

SFD

Did or does anyone have an older Bu with a bimini?

The boat is a 95 Sunsetter.

I would like to mount a bimini this year and have questions:

1.) Overall width ( just outside the windsheild?)

2.) Forward location - approx a 30"-34" and did it rest in front of the windsheild when folded up?

3.) Did you use backers under the fiberglass at the main mounts?

4.) Is 60" enough in size?

5.) Are stainless poles needed?

6.) Not mounted to a tower -

Any help is appreciated.....

Thanks.

ISSUE IS CLOSED - Thanks for the advice - The Website is a great tool.

Edited by SFD

We have a bimini off our 95 sunsetter that came with the boat back in 95 just sitting in the garage, Its in good shape. We up graded a few years ago to a Titia I and their bimini system. I can get some measurements and photos for you if you have any interest.

We have a bimini off our 95 sunsetter that came with the boat back in 95 just sitting in the garage, Its in good shape. We up graded a few years ago to a Titia I and their bimini system. I can get some measurements and photos for you if you have any interest.

Send me what ever you have - no tower yet just at the bimini stage............Makes, models, sizes & photos will help...... Thanks...

I too am looking for a reasonably price bimini top for a 1999 Sunsetter VLX with a Roswell tower.

Any help or leads of where to find one would be appreciated

I too am looking for a reasonably price bimini top for a 1999 Sunsetter VLX with a Roswell tower.

Any help or leads of where to find one would be appreciated

I have one for sale. See here....http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13087

Send me a PM with your email and I will send pictures

Did or does anyone have an older Bu with a bimini?

The boat is a 95 Sunsetter.

I would like to mount a bimini this year and have questions:

1.) Overall width ( just outside the windsheild?)

2.) Forward location - approx a 30"-34" and did it rest in front of the windsheild when folded up?

3.) Did you use backers under the fiberglass at the main mounts?

4.) Is 60" enough in size?

5.) Are stainless poles needed?

6.) Not mounted to a tower -

Any help is appreciated.....

Thanks.

1. You can mount one directly to the windshield, that's how the factory did it for the newer sunsetters

2. If you do (1) then you either take it off when folded or add those funky braces that you see on I/O runabouts

3. Again, no backers needed if you mount to windshield

4. Standard 5 foot is plenty big enough if you mount it centered properly

5. Nope....just really look "cool"....no problems with aluminum that I have noted

6. see 1.

See mine for sale here http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....showtopic=13087