Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wanna Buy A Wetsuit

LS1boarder

That one doesn't look too bad, and looks like it would keep me pretty warm. I hate cold water! The wetsuit idea makes me think that you get really cold right away, then warm up slowly. Anybody have a line on where I can buy O'Neill stuff for cheap if it even exists?

I found boardco.com has some fluid drys on clearance for $299.

http://www.boardco.com/shopexd.asp?id=10722

Good find, that's a pretty good deal. I might order one. Hmmm

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hoover

• Chef23

• LS1boarder

• Lieutenant Dan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aqua Sphere Aqua Skin - WT50 Cold Full Suit This is the answer. We're in Canada and know cold water and as a slalom guy the thick suits suck all the energy out of your arms by constricting them, so this suit is only 1mm thick but is glued and teflon so you stay about 95% dry and it is very mobile. Just about everyone in our club has one.

Highly recommended. Thumbup.gif

Best price online is 'wetsuitsonsale.com'

Hey guys if you are looking for a good inexpensive dry suit you really need to check out bruce at wakezone.biz. He has some top notch dry suits at half the cost of a lot of other brands. I have worn this suit before up in ND when the temps are cold and we still wanna board. No leaking what so ever and it even comes with Silicone Spray, Zip Care and a Ziplock storage bag to keep your seals good in the off season you don't need it.

Give em a look!

http://www.wakezone.biz/WakeZone%20Dry%20Suits.htm

Sahara ski warm www.adrenalinewatersports.com. This is what I and all the skiers use around hear. I had bag suits and will not own another the seals are to tight and cost much to much to replace. you will need to replace the seals on a baggie in four years and I used seal saver and kept the suit in a cool out of the sun if not in use. You can get clothing under the Sahara suit but I only use a swim suit and a tee. It will keep you warm well not in the water also. It is as easy or easier to get in and out as a wet suit but you need someone to zip it. My one Friend is on eight years on his. I find it too warm for cool weather so I also have a shorty wet suit. We start skiing as soon as the ice is off the lake. we quit the first week in Nov. I go deer hunting and can't trust Mich weather into Nov. Five of us have all changed and use the Sahara suits now all of us love them. MHO.

Sahara ski warm www.adrenalinewatersports.com. This is what I and all the skiers use around hear. I had bag suits and will not own another the seals are to tight and cost much to much to replace. you will need to replace the seals on a baggie in four years and I used seal saver and kept the suit in a cool out of the sun if not in use. You can get clothing under the Sahara suit but I only use a swim suit and a tee. It will keep you warm well not in the water also. It is as easy or easier to get in and out as a wet suit but you need someone to zip it. My one Friend is on eight years on his. I find it too warm for cool weather so I also have a shorty wet suit. We start skiing as soon as the ice is off the lake. we quit the first week in Nov. I go deer hunting and can't trust Mich weather into Nov. Five of us have all changed and use the Sahara suits now all of us love them. MHO.

Now I know your crazy. I can't even handle 48 deg water.

Wileys has dry suits for $279

maybe we will have to do a GB in the fall. I think the hardest part is figuring out what every one would want.

maybe we will have to do a GB in the fall. I think the hardest part is figuring out what every one would want.

I want a lake heater Clap.gif

Depending on what size you need you can have my drysuit. I'm going to use my Ripcurl wetsuit in the spring/fall.

Bill

Bill, what do you have for a suit. I am going to buy a full suit this year but am not sure what to get. I am not sure I want a dry suit particularly given my 18" neck.

If you ski/board regualrly, it won't seem so cold. We don't use drysuits. a Neilpryde Neo shirt and Jet Pilot shorts with neoprene liners. Water 42, air 50ish. Hot water shower in boat. No problem. The real wetsuit deal is at www.masterlineusa.com . They have been blowing wetsuits out.

Is that like peeing in the suit :unsure:

ROFL.gif No, really, I would like a heated lake! Maybe something along the lines of how the cooling water for Hanford is dumped back into the Columbia, or in Yellowstone how the Firehole river is warmed by hotsprings!

ROFL.gif No, really, I would like a heated lake! Maybe something along the lines of how the cooling water for Hanford is dumped back into the Columbia, or in Yellowstone how the Firehole river is warmed by hotsprings!

If you pee or even a good fart in a dry suit you don't want to tell the person who is going to unzip you. :blush: They will know soon enough. If you have a good suit you won't need the extra warmth. Whistling.gif

Aqua Sphere Aqua Skin - WT50 Cold Full Suit This is the answer. We're in Canada and know cold water and as a slalom guy the thick suits suck all the energy out of your arms by constricting them, so this suit is only 1mm thick but is glued and teflon so you stay about 95% dry and it is very mobile. Just about everyone in our club has one.

I think I am going to try one. How do the sizes run? Only $150 so that isn't too bad.

Depending on what size you need you can have my drysuit. I'm going to use my Ripcurl wetsuit in the spring/fall.

Bill

Bill, what do you have for a suit. I am going to buy a full suit this year but am not sure what to get. I am not sure I want a dry suit particularly given my 18" neck.

I believe he is talking about his Adrenaline Baggy drysuit. He has a large neck too. He complained about it squeezing his neck, but he is kind of a wussy! Tease2.gif I think you can cut the seal down to take care of that problem though.

Bill

I believe he is talking about his Adrenaline Baggy drysuit. He has a large neck too. He complained about it squeezing his neck, but he is kind of a wussy! Tease2.gif I think you can cut the seal down to take care of that problem though.

I was thinking more about his wetsuit. I was thinking about just getting a full suit. I generally don't ski when the water is below 50 I have turned into a wimp in my old age.

I just bought one. I am ready for spring Thumbup.gif

Chef when you get your new suit tell us how you like it I may have to try this suit also

It will probably be May 1 before I get it in the water.

Chef when you get your new suit tell us how you like it I may have to try this suit also

Bummer I've been out three times so far... :)

There is still ice on the lake even thought it has been 50* the last couple of days. Ice out is usually around April 1 or so. I have turned into a wimp in my older days and I like the water to warm up a little before I get out there.

There is still ice on the lake even thought it has been 50* the last couple of days. Ice out is usually around April 1 or so. I have turned into a wimp in my older days and I like the water to warm up a little before I get out there.

I'd move if winters were that bad...

I'd move if winters were that bad...

We have the whole family thing going on so I am not going anywhere for 10 years anyway.

I can see some open water on the lake today thought so that is a good thing.

Edited by Chef23

My suit came last night and I just tried it on. It is really thin and light. I hope it works as advertised. I got it from wetsuitsonsale.com and I would definitely buy from them again. I sent a couple of emails asking questions and they were quickly answered and I got the suit in 3-4 days.

All I need is for the ice to go out and I will be all set.