Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop puller

Best is the new ACME design that cups the end of the driveshaft, as opposed to relying on the "pin". They're like $79.00 new. Your local dealer should have ACME contact info, they do Malibu's props. IF you're new to inboards though, you should know, if you have to get your prop off for some reason, thats not good!

Just hold on a little bit, we will be having a GB for supporting members. I am hammering out some details as we speak.

Also ACME may be a little better but we do have a killer price for just the OJ puller in the discount thread for supporting members.

Just hold on a little bit, we will be having a GB for supporting members. I am hammering out some details as we speak.

Also ACME may be a little better but we do have a killer price for just the OJ puller in the discount thread for supporting members.

Sweet. I let my puller go with my last boat so I need another. Maybe you can consider the floating wrench too.

I looked in the Crew Discounts, Boats & Accessories For Sales & Deal Street for "prop" and "puller" & did not find anything.

I have a full "Weekend Saver Kit" from Acme. It has all the tools, prop, nut and cotter pins plus the puller in a nice soft case. I got the "C" style puller and added the Harmonic one to the kit. I've used it several times and it saves the day with friends from having to go back home early because of a damaged prop. Acme recommended the Harmonic puller but I have had damaged props that a Harmonic wouldn't get off. I have a friend that has the same style kit from OJ. His has a hard case and I really like the Puller and wrench in his case better than mine. His kit is an older one so it may have changed by now.

JDW you have mail.

Greg, you may need two more girlfriends you have way too much time on your hands :)

Well that's what happens when it's winter time and I don't have the lady’s hanging with me out on the boat. I can assure you that GB will stop for the middle of summer. Yahoo.gif

I just bought one from a dealer on e-bay stores. It is an OJ and has the puller, the wrench and the plastic carrying case, it was $69 plus shipping.

That was b4 I knew about the possible group buy.

ken

What ever happened with the guy from last summer that was producing his own prop pullers and was planning to sell them I recall he was planning to charge around $40 and a whole bunch of people were interested. Maybe he just decided not to go forward with the project and I missed the last posts on the subject but it did look like a good puller at a good price.

hi guys i still have the prototype --i stoped working on the pullers becuse i was informed that there was going to be a group sale on acme pullers and figured sales would be slow and my investment would be alot of $$$$--im still thinking of how i can make them cheeper and still have a qulaity part-- will update you this spring.

thank you

hi guys i still have the prototype --i stoped working on the pullers becuse i was informed that there was going to be a group sale on acme pullers and figured sales would be slow and my investment would be alot of $$$$--im still thinking of how i can make them cheeper and still have a qulaity part-- will update you this spring.

thank you

also this deal is for everybody!!!!

Robert I think the price you had was good because you were going to keep the qulaity so high and thats the biggest part. I know there are many that would get in on this and sure this could be that start of you making many more to sell at other places. Let me know if I could be of any help.

this prototype is real nice my boat is a 1997 and the prop had never been off, i used this puller and it poped that prop off without even a tap(no hammer needed--very rigid)

i have been thinking of another design that is more cost efective to produce and will be testing soon

thank you