Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rave Hydro Towable

Lenox Park

Does anyone have experience with the Rave Hydro tube?

Rave Hydro Check out this link and click the product tour button under the picture for a short movie of it.

My 5 year old thought this was so cool looking and I have to admit, I think it looks cool too. There are not alot of reviews out there, but of the ones I have found, they give it 5 out of 5 stars. Looking for something that the young ones can use, either individually or with another friend, without being too dangerous.

What are you opinions of this and if not this, what is good tube for young ones (I am not going to be trying to throw people off or anything)?

Thanks!

We have used the Big Mama (costco) / Mable in the past.

That tube looks fine. The way you drive is really what matter the most. That's what will make it or break it for the kids.

We like the tubes where the kids actually sit / kneel on a cushion. I can't tell from that picture if that would be the case or not. For example, the old style donut 'tube' had a thin cloth where the kids kneeled on. This would hurt their legs as the water bumped them underneath. Also this type of tube kept them in the water 100% of the time. The tubes where they actually have air under them, the ride is smoother, less bumps and less wet. If it's a cool day, the wet / wind factor plays a major role.

Something like this:

http://www.hosports.com/gear/product?id=9246

The Big Mama finally died. We replaced it with one of these:

http://www.hosports.com/gear/product?id=9241

The box got thrashed at the boat show so they were willing to give me a big discount. It's not as big as the Big Mama, but should be large enough for our needs. Somethind different.

For what it's worth, we have had better success with tubes where they people are laying on their stomach. I think the sitting ones the kids / people get their backs jacked up easier. These types typically don't have the cushion I mention above either.

Remember, the more fun the kids have the more often they'll want to go out on the boat = more time on the water. If the kids like it, the spouse will like it more and you'll like it more too. For this reason we do a lot of tubing. :) We've had up to 12 kids on that Big Mama before. We also do a lot of 'dualing tubes' where we pull two tubes at the same time, at the same rope length. They then slide back and forth into each other. The kids dig it becuase more people get to ride all at once, and the older kids can make it fun by jumping from tube to tube.

Good luck.

Looks like it would be fun as long as you stay behind the boats wake Thumbup.gif and you really can't go wrong for the price as long as it holds up.

Edited by 68Slalom

I have a slightly older version of that towable. It is pretty cool and is the only inflatable I have. Mine actually has a little thing under the back of it that makes it shoot a rooster tail of water like you see on some of the real jet skis. Fits two bigger kids or one adult and a small kid. The floor is inflatable so there is a bit of a cushion sitting in it. It is very stable. If you do whip it good across the wakes it will get up on its sides a bit. If the front pickle forks dig in when it gets on its side you will have a good crash. Overall it has worked out well especially for the little ones that just like to go slow.

Edited by BrianM

Thanks! That is what I wanted to know. This one has the roster tail as well. I agree also on the atom towable, but for the smaller kids, I think that might be a little too much. I wouldnt expect having too many older kids in with us and if they are, they can ski and wakeboard!

For the money, I dont think you can go wrong with the Hydro. Thanks for all the input.

Safest towable according to Rave. I met the R&D guy from Rave at last year's boat show, I bought one on the spot for my 2 year old. This towable is rock solid, steady...no worries about putting my little one behind my boat. I'm a fan of this product.