Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pop-up cleats

Intense

I have been looking around, and that is the best price I have found so far. I would be interested in a group buy, and would be willing to help set it up, but I have no idea how to go about it....

$39 @ first choice marine:

http://www.firstchoicemarine.com/p-574-nea...flush-4-12.aspx

These are the ones I'm planning to install this spring, just 2 up by the windshield. I just use a clip on the hand rail in the back.

http://www.firstchoicemarine.com/p-574-nea...flush-4-12.aspx

These are the ones I'm planning to install this spring, just 2 up by the windshield. I just use a clip on the hand rail in the back.

Nice! Those are $20 cheaper than the ones at West. And they look to be identical

You guys should hit up D-Goose for a group buy. We did one several years ago and it was a big hit. Might even get him to find the ones with MALIBU etched in them.

Getting ones with the Malibu logo would certainly be cool.....paging D-Goose!!

<a href="http://www.firstchoicemarine.com/p-574-nea...flush-4-12.aspx" target="_blank">http://www.firstchoicemarine.com/p-574-nea...flush-4-12.aspx</a>

Nice! Those are $20 cheaper than the ones at West. And they look to be identical

You guys should hit up D-Goose for a group buy. We did one several years ago and it was a big hit. Might even get him to find the ones with MALIBU etched in them.

Getting ones with the Malibu logo would certainly be cool.....paging D-Goose!!

I'd be in for 4 Malibu etched pop-ups. Those look smoothy.

Last year I ordered 4 cleats from my local Malibu dealer. The dealer had to send back the first order as they were the "Malibu" recessed type. The word "Malibu" is inset about 0.040" across the cleat which I guess is standard on the newer boats. The second order came in with the laser inscribed "Malibu" cleats which were a perfect match. I paid about $55 each for them.

-Dave

Last year I ordered 4 cleats from my local Malibu dealer. The dealer had to send back the first order as they were the "Malibu" recessed type. The word "Malibu" is inset about 0.040" across the cleat which I guess is standard on the newer boats. The second order came in with the laser inscribed "Malibu" cleats which were a perfect match. I paid about $55 each for them.

-Dave

Ok so I need to look for cleats now. Biggrin.gif

I have a few questions and may have to just post this in a poll but if a buy went on what is the most important. Cheapest I could find or quality. Plain, inscribed or inset?

We all know what ever deal I set up will be a great price but I also wouldn't want to find cleats for $10 and have them fall apart, chip, rust in a few years.

If any one has links, post them up.

-Dave

I have a few questions and may have to just post this in a poll but if a buy went on what is the most important. Cheapest I could find or quality. Plain, inscribed or inset?

We all know what ever deal I set up will be a great price but I also wouldn't want to find cleats for $10 and have them fall apart, chip, rust in a few years.

My $0.02....cheapest and good quality don't have to be mutually exclusive. Like the ones from First Choice Marine that were posted earlier in this thread. cleat link

These seems to be nearly identical to the ones from West Marine and very reasonable quality. I don't HAVE to have the Malibu branded ones just because they say Malibu on them. Of course, if you were able to get them at a price similar to non-branded ones, I wouldn't turn them down :lol:

So, here's my wish list (in order of priority):

1) Quality

2) Price

3) Malibu logo (Malibu brand?)

Thanks for all the work, Greg!

I have been putting off doing these for a while now... Innocent.gif. The Attwood Neat Cleat is the only one that I'd be interested in. The cleat linked above (the one for like $39) is the same as the Attwood. Same exact product just not in Attwood packaging, and about $5 less than I have ever found the Attwood's.

Yah, pretty much the same as intense.

Anything in this price range or a little less if a group buy could get a little cheaper, Malibu logo is just a nice-to-have for me.

My priorities would be: 1. Quality, 2. Malibu logo, 3. price. Where do if find a pic with the difference between the inscribed vs. inset cleats?

ya, I have those same ones. They look a lot harder to mount. I'll take a look at mine tonight and see exactly how it's mounted. If it helps, I found these to replace the older flush mounted ones (that is, IF you prefer the rounded look). These have the same 4-hole mount. Not a bad upgrade for the older looking pop-ups.

http://www.firstchoicemarine.com/p-576-flu...-sunk-4-12.aspx

My SS has 2 pop up cleats on it now. I would like to stay with pop ups if possible. They seem to be very pricey. :unsure: Still looking, have about a month before getting into water.

TLC

HI Gang,

I too am looking for pop up cleats for my Bu.

I have one of the part numbers for the Malibu etched ones: 5152153.

I have seen the ones mentioned from West at Overtons e-bay store for 46 and about 56 for the 4-1/2" and 6" varieties respectively.

I am awaiting a price from my Malibu dealer on the malibun ones.

The guy who got em at $55 fromj Malibu seems like he got a sweet deal!

I would be interested in getting 4 if there is a group buy as well,

Keep me in the loop,

Ken

Personally I like the Neat Cleats better than the flush mount. Having Malibu etched in them would be icing on the cake, but not necessary.

Goose-

I would be willing to help set this up, but i have never done it before. PM me with some tips/pointers, if you want some help....

-Dave

My $0.02....cheapest and good quality don't have to be mutually exclusive. Like the ones from First Choice Marine that were posted earlier in this thread. cleat link

These seems to be nearly identical to the ones from West Marine and very reasonable quality. I don't HAVE to have the Malibu branded ones just because they say Malibu on them. Of course, if you were able to get them at a price similar to non-branded ones, I wouldn't turn them down :lol:

So, here's my wish list (in order of priority):

1) Quality

2) Price

3) Malibu logo (Malibu brand?)

Thanks for all the work, Greg!

For those who are seriously interested in a GB. I took the liberty of calling First Choice Marine and asking about a qty discount. The rep told me that we would need to order a min of 12 before any sort of discount would take place. She did say she would need to get back to me on exact pricing. I also asked her to look into the 4.5" and 6" version.

Looking at this thread, it looks like we could 12..easily. However, they would all need to be shipped to one location and re-distributed from there. FWIW, I gave her my zip code (28277, Charlotte, NC). They are located in Kansas City, Mo. If anyone else is closer and willing to take on the responsibility of shipping out the cleats, let me know. Which would also indicate that someone would have to front the $$ for all 12+ and have the members re-pay them.

If you are interested in these cleats, please PM me. Include your real name, screen name, email address, quantity, and size you desire (4.5" or 6"). Once I get the pricing, I'll reply to everyone.

Mods, if I'm break any rules here, I apologize.....just delete this post. Just trying to help out the community.

I have over 120+ positive feedbacks on Ebay (user: 2002_scoobie_wagon) and 3000+ post on nasioc.com (Subaru forum). So, I am real and trustworthy

Edited by Intense

Intense I'll PM you later tonight. Your not breaking any rules but do let myself and Ronnie know whats going on. Its always great to have people come up with ideas and help out but we also want the buy to benifit all parts.

If some one is going to take on the payment part and lives in MO then you will be charged TAX and will have to pass that cost along.