Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

interior lighting upgrade and help

ilovetrains

My boat is a 2006 LSV, that I picked up August of 05. It has a strange mix of LED and incandescent interior lighting. The bow accent lights are incandescent (and the lenses always fall of), as are all the locker lights, but there are LED lights mounted in the cup holder area in the rear passenger area.

I would like to upgrade all the lights to LED first of all.

Second, I would like to add some lights to the main passenger area, primarily pointing at the floor. We frequently get off at dark, and get home to realize several things were left behind because of poor visibility.

I also want to add some swim lights, and am trying to get some information on the other thread.

If you could point me toward specific products, and what has worked for you, I appreciate it.

My boat is a 2006 LSV, that I picked up August of 05. It has a strange mix of LED and incandescent interior lighting. The bow accent lights are incandescent (and the lenses always fall of), as are all the locker lights, but there are LED lights mounted in the cup holder area in the rear passenger area.

Second, I would like to add some lights to the main passenger area, primarily pointing at the floor. We frequently get off at dark, and get home to realize several things were left behind because of poor visibility.

I also want to add some swim lights, and am trying to get some information on the other thread.

If you could point me toward specific products, and what has worked for you, I appreciate it.

I have an 06 LSV and that was the exact same setup I had. You can do any number of different things. You can go with festoon LED bulbs and simply plug and play. They are availble from Superbright LED's The bulb you want is the festoon 4211 availble in different colors. When you go to the site click on the 12v car bulbs and then click on the festoon bulb part and look for the number 4211 Also visitAutolumination Cool Stuf there Finally you can ck out: Oznium I have bought stuff from all three of these sites and they are all very good. I am going to share pics when I finish. If I ever finish??I also ordered a set of these ebay I know nothing about them but they looked like a pretty good price. That is all the LED stuff I have. That is quite a bit though. Happy hunting and Post pics when done. Thumbup.gif

Joe

Edited by ohiojoe

I have an 06 LSV and that was the exact same setup I had. You can do any number of different things. You can go with festoon LED bulbs and simply plug and play. They are availble from Superbright LED's The bulb you want is the festoon 4211 availble in different colors. When you go to the site click on the 12v car bulbs and then click on the festoon bulb part and look for the number 4211 Also visitAutolumination Cool Stuf there Finally you can ck out: Oznium I have bought stuff from all three of these sites and they are all very good. I am going to share pics when I finish. If I ever finish??I also ordered a set of these ebay I know nothing about them but they looked like a pretty good price. That is all the LED stuff I have. That is quite a bit though. Happy hunting and Post pics when done. Thumbup.gif

Joe

What he said! I bought some festoon bulbs that simply replaced the incandecent bulbs. For the passenger storage area I got one with 12 bulbs (i think) it really made a difference. Then the rest of the cabin I just replaced the bulbs with matching RED LEDs. Looks way better now. Superbright LEDs was quick to ship. Good company.

So the 4211 replaces the interior lights? I only see the 6 LED version. Where do we get the 12 LED version?

And what LED do you use for the bow light? The bulb in mine is 31 mm long. I see where they list a "31 x 10 mm Festoon base with 2, 4 or 9 LEDS". Is the 9 LED version the way to go? I only see the 2 LED version on their buy pages.

So the 4211 replaces the interior lights? I only see the 6 LED version. Where do we get the 12 LED version?

And what LED do you use for the bow light? The bulb in mine is 31 mm long. I see where they list a "31 x 10 mm Festoon base with 2, 4 or 9 LEDS". Is the 9 LED version the way to go? I only see the 2 LED version on their buy pages.

I'm also very interested in the Festoon type bulbs and would like to know which style replaces the interior light in a 12 LED version? Is there minimum amount of lamps you need to buy from them or can you buy 1 or 2? Unfortunately my boat is in storage so it will be a bit before i can pull the cover to see what number is stamped on my stock bulbs for a VLX application. Thanks all.

I still haven't found a 12 LED version of the interior light. I did measure the old bulbs & it looks like a 39mm festoon is the way to go. I found those with 6 & 8 LEDs but no more.

I'm also wondering about the 31mm LED in the bow light. Most of the 9 LED versions of that bulb I found have all the LEDs on one side. Is that a big deal? Or is there a 31mm bulb with the max amount of LEDs on both sides of the bulb so it's bright on both the red & green sides?

thanks for the suggestions - I will have to look at the bulbs that are there when I pull it out and order some replacements.

Did anyone have a suggestion for adding some light in the main passenger area toward the floor? Some kind of downward facing LED?

I still haven't found a 12 LED version of the interior light. I did measure the old bulbs & it looks like a 39mm festoon is the way to go. I found those with 6 & 8 LEDs but no more.

I'm also wondering about the 31mm LED in the bow light. Most of the 9 LED versions of that bulb I found have all the LEDs on one side. Is that a big deal? Or is there a 31mm bulb with the max amount of LEDs on both sides of the bulb so it's bright on both the red & green sides?

Just remember that with a white LED light the red will look fine but the green will look a little more on the blue side. Something to consider if your out a night alot.

• 3 weeks later...

all mine are superbright LEds check out pics on wakeside rides bad*bu

or I will e-mail you pics

• 1 year later...

bringing this back up.

I ordered and installed replacement lights for the regular incandescent lights in the bow. I also added some LED strip lights to the rear, which look pretty good.

Still trying to figure out swim lights, and wanting to add a few more accent for under the dash, etc.