Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which inexpensive "tower" to buy?

mattastro

Does anyone have experience with either of the following two "towers"?

1. Fly High Monkey Bar (or)

2. Boss Slider Wakeboard Tower

Both are in the $500-$600 range new on several websites.

I'm looking to install a high-mount pylon on an older boat (1998 Sportster LX) for barefooting and wakeboarding, don't want to spend thousands of dollars for a retro-fit tower, and would prefer to not use a slide-on pylon extender if I can avoid it.

Please advise if you have any positive or negative comments about either of the above. Thanks.

I second the used Titan. Or keep saving for a new Titan II. They will be way stonger = less movement, better able to support racks, speakers & monkey bar divers, and better resale down the road.

Get yourself an extended pylon to hold you over till you find it. You can easily sell it once you find the tower.

I've got a skylon pylon with board racks and love it, I have had it for 2 years now and I got it on ebay for 2 hundred total. I would agree with the others and buy a pylon or a good tower. Thumbup.gif

• 11 months later...

just put a tower on my 1998 Sportster LX. I bargain hunted for a long time, finally spent the cash on a SKYLON Swoop with racks and am glad I did. Skylon made the OEM tower for the sportster and it looks great and is real strong. Now I'm trying to determine how a bimini can work out with it...

No affiliation, just passing along that the other day, there was someone on ebay (idaho sports or something like that) unloading several titan IIs for $600 + shipping.

edit (just checked... still there 2/24/09- idahowatersports- says 10 available, seems like a ridiculous deal...I think I saw this mentioned by another crew member the other day who bought one)

Edited by davemac