Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need Help With New Boat Pricing

malibumac

Hello Everyone!!!

I am interested in a 2008 Wakesetter VLX and wondered what discounts I could expect to receive off the dealer MSRP. I currently have a 2005 Nautique Air 216 Team Edition and my family wants more ballast. The 216 is more of a crossover boat. Great skier and moderate wakeboarder. We are more into wakeboarding thinking about the VLX.

Thanks for any input.

This time of year, you should be able to figure that 10% off of MSRP is a good deal. 15% is a very good deal. Remember, you'll need to work with your dealer after the purchase with service & possibly warranty issues, so it's my opinion that you need to be careful of the line between getting a good deal & squeezing every last penny out of the dealer. JM2C

Good luck & welcome to the site.

I have typically seen about 8-10% over the last few years. I just bought an 08 VLX and I got a 12% discount because I bought a boat they had in stock and because of the ecomony my local dealer is having a slow year.

Edited by hdchapman

Also, if you want the ballast for wakeboarding but still like to ski get a Wakesetter with the diamond. This is their LSV hull which has a better waterski wake with no ballast or wedge. Makes for a great crossover boat.

This time of year, you should be able to figure that 10% off of MSRP is a good deal. 15% is a very good deal. Remember, you'll need to work with your dealer after the purchase with service & possibly warranty issues, so it's my opinion that you need to be careful of the line between getting a good deal & squeezing every last penny out of the dealer. JM2C

Good luck & welcome to the site.

Well said.

I'm not trying to take over this post but I think the 21.5' boat will be re-designed for the 2009 model year (I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong). You may want to keep your current boat 1 more season and order a 2009. Look at the changes to the 23' and see if you like the latest design. If you want to buy now, that is great but considering the price of these boats, you are best off making a well informed decision. I personally like the new designs (both VTX and 23 LSV) but some don't so it is up to you.

I'm not trying to take over this post but I think the 21.5' boat will be re-designed for the 2009 model year (I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong). You may want to keep your current boat 1 more season and order a 2009. Look at the changes to the 23' and see if you like the latest design. If you want to buy now, that is great but considering the price of these boats, you are best off making a well informed decision. I personally like the new designs (both VTX and 23 LSV) but some don't so it is up to you.

I am thinking of buying a used 2007 lsv 247 wakesetter . What is the difference from the 2008 besides the elecrontics presets?

Input welcome. The 2007 used lsv is a good deal sub 60K.

Dave

I am thinking of buying a used 2007 lsv 247 wakesetter . What is the difference from the 2008 besides the elecrontics presets?

Input welcome. The 2007 used lsv is a good deal sub 60K.

Dave

Oh, about $20,000! I think the 2008 has switched towers as well and the speaker layout and stereo system changed between 07 and 08. There are probably other differences the other crew members will know.

Plus1.gif

Just wanted to add in, I have a 2007 247 Wakesetter for sale. It is black and white. It has every option you can get, including the 8.1 L. It is in great shape, I just trade up boats every year!! If your interested I can get pictures for you.