Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I need ballast help!!

wakeluis

I just bought an 08 V Ride, should I plumb in additional bags, or am I better off removing the hard bags and replace them with bigger soft bags? Would this be a difficult project?

Consensus seems to be to take the hard tanks out and replace with bags...just don't forget to get weight up front.

Thanks for getting back to me, how much weight up front and what should I use?

Consensus seems to be to take the hard tanks out and replace with bags...just don't forget to get weight up front.

Thanks for getting back to me, how much weight up front and what should I use?

60/40 is the general rule... as you put more weight up fron the wake will have more ramp and if you put more wieght in the rear the wake will get more steep.

see and i thought the consensus was to leave the hard tanks in and just add bags into the existing system?

If you plan on selling, I'd leave the hard tanks in as it may cause some people to pass on it. Knowing you run lots of weight or have altered the factory setup can scare people. I think leaving the trunks as is and just plumbing your own sacks/pumps is the better way for resale. You can always remove your additional system and just turn off the valve if you do a through hull.

If you wanted to sell it, you could always just throw the hard tanks back in and pull the soft ones. You still use all the same pumps and plumbing with the soft ones, just put them in place of the hard tanks. It would take less than an hour to do the swap once you have done it once and know how to do it.